5th edition Pointer +
|Deific Summary  |
Duke Bael, Bronze General, King of Hell
|Bael (pointer)   |
|Large Fiend (Devils, Archdevils), Lawful Evil|
|Armor Class: 18 (plate)|
|Hit Points: 189|
|Speed: 30 ft.|
|Saving Throws: Dex, Con, Int, Cha|
|Skills: Intimidation, Perception, Persuasion|
|Senses: truesight 120 ft., passive Perception 23|
|Languages: all, telepathy 120 ft.|
|Challenge: 19 (22,000 xp)Proficiency Bonus (PB): +6|
Dreadful (Variation ). Any creature, other than a devil, that starts its turn within 10 feet of Bael must succeed on a DC 22 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened of him until the start of its next turn. A creature succeeds on this saving throw automatically if Bael wishes it or if he is incapacitated.
The fiend can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. The fiend regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
Unofficial Description: This archdevil has the appearance of a giant minotaur.
Sources and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Jeremy Crawford (17 May 2022). Monsters of the Multiverse. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0786967870. p. 53-54. Licensed: © Wizards of the coast.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, et. al (7 May 2018). Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0786966246. p. 171-172. Licensed: © Wizards of the Coast.
- ↑ pantheron, domain — unofficial by user:Rlyehable
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Variations: The MToF variant's Dreadful is a bonus action, while the MotM version is an aura. The Magic Weapons trait is missing from the MotM version. The MotM version of Hellish Morningstar does force damage, while the MToF version does piercing damage. Spellcasting is a trait in the MToF version and an action in the MotM version. The Legendary Actions vary between the versions; the MToF version has: Attack, Awaken Greed, Infernal Command, and Teleport; the MotM version has: Attack, Fiendish Magic, and Infernal Command.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Trait matches the trait of the same name in the 5th ed. SRD. - Wizards RPG Team (6 May 2015). SRD-OGL v5.1. Wizards of the Coast. Licensed: OGL.
|Alignment||Lawful Evil +|
|Challenge Rating||19 +|
|Deific Type||Archdevil +|
|Experience Points||22,000 +|
|Features||Dreadful +, Legendary Resistance +, Magic Resistance +, Magic Weapons +, Regeneration +, Multiattack +, Hellish Morningstar +, Infernal Command +, Spellcasting +, Teleport +, Attack +, Awaken Greed + and Fiendish Magic +|
|Hit Points||189 +|
|Legendary Monster||true +|
|Lineage||Archdevil + and Devil +|
|Plane||Nine Hells +|
|Portfolio||Green + and War +|
|SortText||Devil Bael +|
|Subtype||Devil + and Archdevil +|
|Summary||This archdevil has the appearance of a giant minotaur. +|
|Worshipers||Evil Beings +|