Bamf (3.5e Spell)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Casting time:||1 standard action|
Named after the sound you make when you remove yourself from the material in order to instantaneously appear somewhere else, this spell enables you to teleport short distances.
After casting this spell, you become able to instantly jump to a location within 60 feet as a move action once per round. A jump performed with this spell transports you and objects whose combined weight does not exceed your maximum load. You must have clear line of sight to the location you are 'bamfing' to, or the teleportation effect will not happen. Furthermore, given you have a sufficiently high caster level, you may jump using (a combination of) the following special options listed below.
- You may choose to jump as a swift action instead. A round in which this option is used counts as four rounds. To use this option, you must have at least four rounds of duration remaining.
- You may choose to jump as an immediate action out of turn, such as to escape the area of a harmful effect before it happens. A round in which this option is used counts as eight rounds. To use this option, you must have at least eight rounds of duration remaining.
- You may choose to take other creatures along as you jump. These creatures must be physically touching you as you make the jump. The number of rounds expended by the jump is multiplied by the number of creatures you take along in your jump (including yourself).
- You may choose to jump any distance instead as a standard action. A round in which this option is used counts as a number of rounds equal to how many times your allotted jump range you end up jumping. To use this option, you must have the needed amount of duration remaining.
- You may choose to ignore the line of sight prerequisite for your next jump by expending a full-round action. The number of rounds expended by this next jump will be twice the usual number of rounds, but you are able to jump through solid or otherwise opaque obstacles. In the preparatory round, you specify the direction you want to jump to, and are immediately transported there when you make the jump. The distance of the jump is limited normally by the jump options taken. If your destination leaves you stuck within a solid surface, you are automatically displaced to the nearest open area large enough to accommodate you, and take 1d6 points of damage for every 10 feet you are displaced, rounded up.
|Article Balance||Very High +|
|Component||V + and S +|
|Identifier||3.5e Spell +|
|Level||Sorcerer/Wizard 2 +|
|Rated By||Luigifan18 +, Aarnott + and Tarkisflux +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Lets you teleport short distances once per round. +|