Bjorn Lyder (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A bear like species of Humanoid, Brawny and tolerant of harsh conditions.
The Bjornlydhr are a gruff an honorable race seeking no more than to achieve an honorable death, and enjoying life until the point where they meet their gods.
Standing on two legs between Six and Eight feet tall these anthropomorphic bears are a muscular race covered in fur of varying colors based on the geographical climate of their lineage.
Bjornlydhr appreciate Dwarves for their honor and appreciation of the mountains and their respect for the resources they hold. They agree with the Halfling sense of community, and believe Gnomes are too energetic and unpredictable. They are annoyed by the elves flighty attitudes, and over elegance. Humans are appreciated by their industriousness, and insightfulness, but are also seen as deceiving and manipulative. They respect Half-orcs the most for their community and togetherness and honor despite being seen as freaks of nature by other races.
Lands & Culture
There are three main areas of Bjornlydhr culture.
The Northern Tribes: Identifiable by their light colored long fur and differing braids and knot like dyed patterns these tribes reside in mountainous cold environments that drop to freezing temperatures regularly.
The Midland Tribes: Brown like the planes and forests in which they reside these tribes use scarification and metals to adorn their skin and ears. Their settlements are normally built into the forests and often shallow cave systems.
The Southerland Tribes: These short black haired peoples of the tropical and desert areas use scarification and shave patterns in their fur to differentiate between individual tribes. These groups are nomadic and never set in one place too long.
Although these tribes have constant conflict, they all hold honor as the pinnacle of their societies.
First names are given at birth. Followed by the Patronym and Matronym. Then names for their various deeds.
(M):Kreiger Vaerdison Kyskson, Vinder Af Jern, Opolandi
(F):Fegurð Söngurdotter Morðingidotter, Dansari, Daðra
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: They are a strong and hardy folk but their outward appearance is rough and people tend to shy away from them.
- Humanoid Anthro (3.5e Subtype)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a bjornlyder has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Bjornlyder base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A bjornlyder can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a bjornlyder can function just fine with no light at all.
- Dying Fight (Ex): Once per day when reduced to 50% hp or less a Bjornlydhr may activate Dying Fight. When Dying fight is active, the Bjornlydhr gains +2 to attack and damage rolls for a number of rounds equal to 2 + their Con Modifier.
- Special Attack (Ex): Bjornlydhr also have two claw attacks that deal 1d8 slashing damage.
- Natural Climbers (Ex): Due to their claws and innate strength Bjornlydhr make natural climbers gaining a +3 to climb checks.
- Bonus Feat (Ex): Bjornlydhr gain Die Hard as a bonus feat.
- Automatic Languages: Bjorntala
- Bonus Languages: Common, Dwarf, Halfling, Sylvian, Gul-Kah
- Favored Class: Fighter, Barbarian, Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|125 years||200 years||360 years||+400 years|
|Author||Canlin Undrosh +|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Fighter +, Barbarian + and Ranger +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||1 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength +, +2 Constitution + and -2 Charisma +|
|Summary||A bear like species of Humanoid, Brawny and tolerant of harsh conditions. +|
|Title||Bjorn Lyder +|
|Type||Humanoid Anthro (3.5e Subtype) +|