Boss Monster (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Boss Monsters are large goat-like humanoids that are highly respected leaders of monster communities. Despite intimidating appearances, they are often quite friendly and are often strong spellcasters.
Boss Monsters often serve as rulers of monster-created nations. They are often kind and wise individuals who strive towards peace and prosperity for their citizens. Their benevolence is second to none; they will treat even those they would consider enemies with nothing but the kindest hospitality. They often make for sickeningly cute couples and are good gardeners.
Upon adulthood, Boss Monsters are slightly larger than most adult humanoids, with large goat-like horns on the top of their head and have white fur covering their body. They also can grow human-like hair over this fur, and beards are not uncommon amongst males. Full-body robes and king-like armor are common amongst adult rulers, though standard clothing is the norm for non-rulers. As children, they often wear striped shirts and are about the size of human children. There bodies are actually mostly made of magic, and despite their strength, they can be frail in physical combat.
Boss Monsters naturally are incredibly well-liked by most intelligent monsters, just as a person would love their benevolent king, and they are quite friendly with humans in recent events. They are despised by more warlike monsters for being "softhearted and weak" due to their preference for peaceful lives and their love of hope.
Most Boss Monsters can be classified as Neutral Good due to their strong desires for the happiness of their fellow monsters. Their nature of viewing people independently no matter what is a prime example of this.
Boss Monsters live in monster-made cities wherever they can be made, underground, grasslands, deserts. If a city can be made, there is a chance that they may someday come live there, though they often prefer less visited locations so that their citizens are safe from dangerous adventurers.
Despite appearances, the Delta Rune, a symbol of a winged circle above three triangles, is simply an icon of their hope from ages past. Its meaning claims that the Winged Circle is an angel destined to free monsterkind (though some recently claim it is an angel of death come to kill them all). It is not mentioned if the angel serves any deity, nor is the angel worshiped. However, they have been noted to practice religions of nearby civilizations should they deem their deity worthy of praise.
Boss Monsters are innately fluent of Common and can speak with all monsters. This does not include Abyssal or Infernal.
Boss Monsters are granted a given name upon them by their parents at birth with a family name inherited from their parents. There does not appear to be any basis for their naming but occasionally, their names will simply be a combination of their parents' names, as Boss Monsters are often bad at giving names.
- +3 Intelligence, +3 Wisdom, -4 Constitution: Boss Monsters are mostly made of magic and often serve as wise kings, so they value knowledge, but this in turn means they are not very sturdy.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Anthro, Goat, Magic): They are very obviously monsters, though they are also very humanlike. The only difference between the two really is one is a magic goat and the other is a human.
- Large: As a Large creature, a boss monster takes a -1 size penalty to Armor Class, a -1 size penalty on attack rolls, a +4 size bonus on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a -4 size penalty on Hide checks, but it uses larger weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are twice of those of a Medium character. They have a space and reach of 10 feet.
- Boss Monster base land speed is 30 feet.
- Magic Body: As they are mostly made of magic instead of physical matter, Boss Monsters are resistant to magic attacks, having a +2 bonus to Will Saving Throws.
- Color Attack (Sp): Some tricks used by Boss Monsters in combat are the "Blue Attack" and "Orange Attack". Two of their rare physical attacks that have absurd properties. Both deal 1d8 divided by 2 physical damage and cannot be dodged normally. However, Orange Attacks will not harm enemies that have just moved while Blue Attacks will not harm targets that haven't moved. If the die roll was even, the attack will be orange, if it was odd, the attack will be blue. If the roll is an 8, the attack turns into a "White Attack" and will always hit. Requires a weapon.
- Power Of SOUL (Ex): Boss Monsters are capable of lingering after death as a SOUL. At this point, the Boss monster is considered dead and is capable of being Raised OR the SOUL can be given to another living being which will automatically increase their level. In the event of this, the Boss Monster can no longer be raised.
- Unwilling to Fight: The fighting power of a Boss Monster is equal to its willingness to fight. A Boss Monster that reaches 3/4 of its health must perform a will throw, if it fails, the Boss Monster becomes unwilling to fight and its attacks will have a -1 penalty and will take 1 point more damage from all sources. Also, any Diplomacy used on a Boss Monster in this state will gain a +4 bonus.
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Elven, Dwarven
- Favored Class: Cleric, Wizard
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||60 years||70 years||++1d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||7' 02"||+1d4||220 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||6' 10"||+1d4||200 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Cleric + and Wizard +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+3 Intelligence +, +3 Wisdom + and -4 Constitution +|
|Rated By||HB Forged +, Eiji-kun +, Ganteka Future + and Franken Kesey +|
|Rating||Rated 0.8 / 4 +|
|Subtype||Anthro, Goat, Magic +|
|Summary||Boss Monsters are large goat-like humanoids that are highly respected leaders of monster communities. Despite intimidating appearances, they are often quite friendly and are often strong spellcasters. +|
|Title||Boss Monster +|
|Type||Monstrous Humanoid +|