|This article is based on material by:|
This is about the Dragonlance deity. For other uses, see: Chaos
Chaos, originally known as Ionthas and calling himself the Father of All and Nothing, is both an extremely powerful god and a cosmological principle, that, together and in opposition with the High God, was responsible for the creation of Krynn, the setting of the Dragonlance campaign. Usually outside of the universe, a small part of Chaos was trapped by Reorx inside the Greystone of Gargath, which created much havoc when it got released among the races of Krynn. When later the Graygem was broken by the Irda, an aspect of Chaos was released into the world, covering it with war. Only at great cost by mortals and gods alike could he finally be made to depart.
|PANTHEON OF DRAGONLANCE|
- Margaret Weis, Don Perrin, Jamie Chambers, Christopher Coyle (2003). Dragonlance Campaign Setting. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3086-1. p. 116.
- Sean Everette, Chris Pierson, Cam Banks, Trampas Whiteman (2005). Holy Orders of the Stars. Sovereign Press. ISBN 1-931567-15-8. p. 109.
- Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis (1987). Dragonlance Adventures. TSR. ISBN 0-88038-452-2. p. 86.
- Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman (November 1995). Dragons of Summer Flame. TSR. ISBN 0-7869-0523-9.
- (1996). Dragonlance Conspectus. TSR.
- There is an article about Chaos at the Lexicon of Dragonlance Nexus.
- There is an article about Ionthas at the Planescape Encyclopedia.