|This article is based on material by:|
Majere is Krynn's god of faith and meditation. Majere represents hard work, practice, and discipline. He teaches that enlightenment within mortals must be obtained through those virtues. He is also known as the Mantis God or Mantis of the Rose. Majere is seen as distant and separate. He encourages mortals to look within for enlightenment, rather than turn to worldly desires and material goods. His knowledge of the High God's celestial plan may surpass even that of Gilean. Majere is not a blood relation to any of the other Dragonlance Gods, but he acts as an advisor to Paladine, the highest God of Good. On Taladas, Majere is viewed as the female side of Paladine. His influence on the world is constant but subtle. He often gives counsel to the other Gods of Light in times of crisis. He is appreciated by all the Gods of Good, advising Paladine, Kiri-Jolith, and Mishakal. He rarely interacts with Branchala or Habbakuk, and among the Gods of Neutrality counts Gilean, Shinare, and Zivilyn his allies. His symbols are the praying mantis, a rose, and a copper spider. In the night sky over Krynn, he may be viewed as the constellation known as the Rose.
He has few faithful compared to the other gods, but does have a following of monks. Majere also lends his name to the Majere family, one of the most famous families on Krynn.
- The Great Majere
- Master of the Mind
- Nadir the Dreamsender
|PANTHEON OF DRAGONLANCE|
- Margaret Weis, Don Perrin, Jamie Chambers, Christopher Coyle (2003). Dragonlance Campaign Setting. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3086-1. pp. 123-124.
- Harold Johnson, John Terra, J. Robert King, Wolfgang Baur, Colin McComb, Jean Rabe, Norm Ritchie, Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, Jeff Grubb, Doug Niles, Michael Williams (1992). Tales of the Lance. TSR. ISBN 1-56076-338-8. p. 114.
- Sean Everette, Chris Pierson, Cam Banks, Trampas Whiteman (2005). Holy Orders of the Stars. Sovereign Press. ISBN 1-931567-15-8. pp. 86-87.
- David "Zeb" Cook (1989). Time of the Dragon. TSR. ISBN 0-88038-773-4.
- Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis (1987). Dragonlance Adventures. TSR. ISBN 0-88038-452-2. pp. 43, 108, 112.
- There is an article about Majere at the Lexicon of Dragonlance Nexus.
- There is an article about Majere at the Planescape Encyclopedia.