Devolve Person (3.5e Spell)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Level:||Obliteration 5, Sorcerer/Wizard 5|
|Components:||V, S, M|
|Casting time:||1 standard action|
|Target:||One humanoid creature|
|Duration:||6 rounds (see text)|
|Saving Throw:||Fortitude negates|
You send a creature back through its evolutionary history until it becomes a blob of bacteria that dissolves into cellular components.
You create a magical reaction in the humanoid subject that changes it to different forms throughout its evolutionary history. Each round it is polymorphed into a earlier form until the last round where it dissolves into a puddle of proteins and amino acids. The polymorphing uses the same rules for changing statistics of the subject as Baleful Polymorph.
Regular humanoids go through the following forms:
- Round 1: A primitive ape-like creature that uses the generic Ape statistics.
- Round 2: A smaller ape-like creature that uses the Monkey statistics.
- Round 3: A tiny scavenger mammal that uses the Rat statistics.
- Round 4: A simple fish that uses the Toad statistics, but has a swim speed of 20 ft.
- Round 5: A blob of bacteria.
- Round 6: Death
Creatures with the orc subtype substitute the following form:
- Round 1: Dire Ape.
Creatures with the reptilian subtype substitute the following forms:
- Round 1: A quadrupedal lizard creature that uses the Crocodile statistics.
- Round 2: A small lizard using the Lizard statistics.
- Round 3: HOLY CRAP! A Tyrannosaurus!
Each round the creature may make a new saving throw against the spell and reverts to its natural form on a successful save.
Material Component: Two strings twisted together that are unwound as the spell is cast.
|Article Balance||High +|
|Component||V +, S + and M +|
|Identifier||3.5e Spell +|
|Level||Obliteration 5 + and Sorcerer/Wizard 5 +|
|Summary||You send a creature back through its evolutionary history until it becomes a blob of bacteria that dissolves into cellular components. +|
|Title||Devolve Person +|