Grand Scythe (3.5e Equipment)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Type3:||Piercing or Slashing (See Text)|
1. See Damage Increases by Size to calculate the damage for a weapon larger than Medium or smaller than Small.
2. Weight figures are for Medium weapons. A Small weapon weighs half as much, and a Large weapon weighs twice as much.
3. When two types are given, the weapon is both types if the entry specifies "and", either type (player's choice at time of attack) if the entry specifies "or", or each end of the double weapon is a different type if the entry specifies "/".
4. The hp value given is for Medium armor, weapons, and shields. Divide by 2 for each size category of the item smaller than Medium, or multiply it by 2 for each size category larger than Medium.
A Grand Scythe is a massive scythe with a long, thick and deadly blade as well as a shaft made completely out of metal. What makes the weapon special is that at the end of the shaft there is complex mechanism allowing the blade to change position. Character without exotic weapon proficiency in grand scythe may not take attack of opportunity with alongside the normal penalties.
Creatures with exotic weapon proficiency with the grand scythe may use the following maneuvers:
- Grim Scythe Stance: The basic stance taken by a character with exotic weapon proficiency, while in this stance you may attack two squares you threaten adjacent with each others, strike each creature in those square once. Use the same attack roll and damage roll on both creatures.
- Warscythe Configuration: As as swift action you trigger the mechanism at the end of the spear to make the blade face up, much like a oversized spear. The weapon gain reach and it critical hit change to 19-20/x3. At the beginning of your next turn the weapon return to grim scythe stance.
The following maneuvers may only be used while in grim scythe stance:
- Deathly Swipe: You are able to use Whirlwind Attack with this weapon as if you had the feat. If you already have the feat, you get a second attack at -5.
- Harvester's Strike: As a standard action you can make a single attack against a creature who is denied it dexterity to AC, if the attack hit it is automatically a critical threat. If you fail to confirm the critical hit however the attack deal half damage and you are dazed for 1 round. If the critical hit is confirmed but it fail to drop the creature below 0 hit points you are also dazed for 1 round.
The following maneuvers may only be used while in warscythe configuration:
- Impale: As a standard action you can make a single attack gaining the benefit of the impale feat (if you already have the feat you gain a +4 bonus on the grapple check). If the creature is still grappled at the start of your next turn, the mechanism cause the blade to will tear right through it, dealing three time weapon damage and end the grapple.
The grand scythe requires Str 17 to wield in the first place, with a -2 penalty on attack rolls. At Str 21, the penalty to attack rolls vanishes. In addition, users take penalties as if they were wearing medium armor (with a reduction in speed and loss of class features) though you do not require medium armor proficiency to use the scythe.
|Article Balance||High +|
|Cost||200 gp +|
|Damage Type||Piercing + and Slashing (See Text) +|
|Hit Points||20 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Equipment +|
|Rated By||Eiji-kun +, Zhenra-Khal +, Spanambula + and Sulacu +|
|Rating||Rated 3.5 / 4 +|
|Title||Grand Scythe +|