Half-Kermohryg (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The offspring of kermohryg and humans, this race inherits some of the size, charm and sinisterness of their giant parents.
With half-kermohryg there are generally two possibilities: They either become well-bred aristocrats whose charms endear them both to the court and the common people, or arrogant spoiled brats who haughtily lord their pedigree over others.
Half-kermohryg typically stand from 7 feet to nearly 8 feet tall and weigh from 250 to 400 pounds. They share their garish skin color with their giant ancestor, although usually in a more subdued, less saturated tone. They too have some resemblance to overgrown imps or fiendish goblins, although less pronounced. In some of the more attractive members of the race the traits are so recessive that they lend more of a statuesque, exotic beauty to their features. Half-kermohryg with illumian heritage will sometimes have illumian sigils briefly and faintly flash up when they are passionate about something.
Half-kermohryg don't have much of a culture of their own: They tend to readily adopt the cultures of other creatures they associate with, especially the vassals of their giant parent. Even then, they prefer the company of other races they view as aristocratic, like high elves or illumians.
Half-kermohryg tend much more strongly towards law than chaos. They are found all over the moral axis with a light tendency towards neutrality.
Half-kermohryg don't have lands of their own, but dwell whereever their giant parents rule.
Half-kermohryg don't seem to care much about religion. For political reasons they tend towards the main religion of their host area, but without much devotion.
Half-kermohryg speak Common and Giant.
Male: Bymon, Jark, Morock, Rushifell. Female: Akbaya, Darkoanne, Drömerella, Lethe.
Half-kermohryg often receive a noble title of at least gentry from their giant parent, even if they have no actual function or lands.
- +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution: Half-kermohryg are tough and strong, but not too nimble.
- Giant: Half-kermohryg are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a half-kermohryg has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Half-Kermohryg base land speed is 30ft feet.
- Darkvision: A half-kermohryg can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a half-kermohryg can function just fine with no light at all.
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of half-kermohryg lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a half-kermohryg is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the half-kermohryg is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A half-kermohryg is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A half-kermohryg can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Spell-Like Abilities: At-Will: Arrow of DuskToM. 1/day: Regal Presence. Caster level is equal to 1/2 Hit Dice (minimum 1st). The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Shadow Strike (Su): The strikes of a half-kermohryg are infused with some of their shadowcasting magic. With every melee weapon hit they deal additionally non-lethal damage equal to the level of the highest level mystery they know (minimum of 1).
- Automatic Languages: Common and Giant
- Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic)
- Favored Class: Duskblade or Shadowcaster
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||80 years||120 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6’ 4”||+2d12||220 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||6’ 1”||+2d12||180 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Duskblade + and Shadowcaster +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||1 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength +, -2 Dexterity + and +2 Constitution +|
|Summary||The offspring of kermohryg and humans, this race inherits some of the size, charm and sinisterness of their giant parents. +|