Human, Merenpthian (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Merenpthian humans have a two-sided personality. The first side shows a strong attraction for family and social relationships, they are considerate, courteous, civilized, and very good at business. This personality allows them to do business and cohabit freely with other races and other peoples without too much worry. The second personality is deeper. It is a deep distrust of foreign races and an unpredictable and chaotic quasi-genetic nature. This personality is the legacy of their nomadic past. The duality between these two personalities shows a certain attraction for neutral and chaotic alignments. Compliance with the laws is not a problem as long as these laws do not interfere with their personal code. For this reason, loyalty is not very present among the Merenpthians, except in religious and military functions where it is very present and sacred. But within the population, in political, commercial, or even legal organizations, personal interests often take precedence over laws. In these difficult relational conditions, there are often betrayals and manipulations.
Merenpthians are a human race living in the desert. Physically, the Merenpthians are very much like ordinary humans. However, they have a slightly more rounded morphology. Their skeleton is a little heavier, which results in hips and bust a little wider for women than the average of ordinary humans. And for men, the bust and shoulders are a little more sculpted. This slightly more resistant morphology gives them a robust appearance. They have amber to ebony skin. Their hair is brown to deep black and wavy. Their eyes are often brown, gray, coppery, or sand-colored. But there are some rarer genetic traits. Indeed, some may have slightly silvery (in men) or platinum (in women) reflections in the hair or eyes, but this only affects 1% of the population.
They maintain very good commercial and diplomatic relations with the peoples of the desert and the races that live there. They have a strong affinity with Genies and Sphinxes, tolerate Asherati and Githzerais. On the other hand, they have a hatred of the Githyankis and the Illithids. Beyond the limits of the desert, the Merenpthians have a certain mistrust of the races and the people who live beyond these natural borders. Relations between them are generally good, but their chaotic nature pushes them without difficulty to revolutions and wars.
Merenpthian human tend to chaotic and neutral alignment. But they can have any alignment.
Formerly nomads, the Merenpthiens have gradually settled down in the desert. They live mainly in cosmopolitan cities where they trade and exchange their knowledge with other desert races.
The Merenpthians have a vast pantheon of deities, but the most important remains Horus-Ré. The whole population knows its dogma and its traditions out of respect for the whole of the desert over which it governs. Among the other deities, we can name Bastet, Thoth, Ptah, Anubis, Sekhmet, Sobek, Apophis, Geb, Isis ... etc
Merenpthian human speak common. They can learn other languages like Thorass, Terran, Aerian, Celestial, Draconic, and many local languages.
Female Names: Ahura, Akusaa, Bithiah, Hapu, Hatshepsut, Khata, Kherpu, Iseret, Maut-nefer, Meri, Naham, Nebit, Neith, Pyrrha, Ra-to, Samia, Sati, Sebtet, Sekhet, Tahirah, Tali, Tefnut, Teti, Uatit, Xonsu, Zahra.
Male Names: Ahmes, Abdamelek, Aegyptus, Akhem, Athothes, Baken, Binebtat, Chefren, Dhouti, Enantef, Epaphos, Geos, Hamset, Hapi, Hetmas, Kanebti, Khem, Khepri, Labaris, Ma-Nefer, Meines, Nahab, Nuterhek, Othoes, Pankhi, Pheles, Rashaken, Rekh-Mara, Sabatok, Semut, Senbeb, Senouphis, Sesupti, Tebu, Thampsis, Thothmes, Uetu, Zet.
- +2 Constitution: Their past as desert nomads made them naturally robust
- Humanoid (Human)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a human, merenpthian has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Human, Merenpthian base land speed is 30 feet.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- 1 bonus feat at 1st level, and 1 another bonus feat at 10th level.
- Desert Born (Ex): Merenpthian humans do not treat sand or other loose materials as difficult terrain.
- Dry as Desert (Ex): They only require half as much water as regular humans.
- Curse of the Sand Walker (Ex): Like a sand walker, the Merenpthian humans are acclimated to hot environments, they are used to hot temperatures and a dry climate. Exposure to a cold climate hinders their movement and their body. After 20 minutes spent in a temperature of 32 °F or less, it becomes Unconfortable and its movement speed is reduced by 5 ft. After 60 minutes exposed to cold (temperature of 32 °F or less), it should make a Fortitude saving throw (DC25). If he fails, his uncomfortable condition imposes the penalty of -2 on all skills based on Strength or Dexterity, on his saving throws, on his attacks, and on damages, and his movement speed is reduced by 10 ft. Finally, if he is exposed for more than 20 minutes to a temperature below -5 °F, it must make a Fortitude saving throw (DC25) or become Semiconscious.
- Merenpthian Human gain Acclimated to Heat trait.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against diseases and curses.
- -4 racial penalty on Sense Motive due to their partially individualistic personality.
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Thorass, Terran, Aerian, Celestial, Draconic, and Local languages.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||65 years||90 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 8"||+2d10||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|