Onocentaur (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The half-man, half-donkey cousins of the Centaur
Onocentaurs are significantly calmer than their wild cousins. They are known for their stubbornness, but they are also excellent public speakers. Onocentaurs are amazingly skilled at making bargains and negotiations, making them excellent merchants, businessmen, and diplomats. While not as skilled in warfare as the centaurs, they can be excellent warriors if the situation calls for it. They prefer not to fight and are the first to call for negotiations if possible. If forced to fight, they can easily hold their own.
Onocentaurs appear very similar to a Centaur, except that they are smaller and have the lower body of a donkey rather than a horse. Their humanoid upper bodies are as varied as their Centaur cousins are. Their donkey bodies are usually dark gray or brown in color, but can be other colors.
Onocentaurs get along well with most races, especially Lawful races. They have an excellent relationship with Dwarves since they share similar values in law. They like Halfings and enjoy their social activities, but mostly tolerate the gnomes. They get along well with elves and half-elves as long as they follow proper procedures. They are unsure of what to think of humans, considering their penchant for doing anything. They are suspicious of half-orcs, but are tolerant of them as long as they respect authority. Despite their ethical differences, Onocentaurs respect hobgoblins for their disciplined nature. They greatly dislike the disorder and lack of discipline of the orcs and goblins. Like most other races, they despise the drow.
Usually Lawful. While Evil Onocentaurs are rare, they are not unheard of. Most are Neutral, but plenty are Good
Onocentaurs can be found anywhere. Unlike the Centaurs, who prefer the wilderness, Onocentaurs are quite comfortable in urban environments
They are not very religious, but tend to prefer Lawful deities
Mostly Common and Sylvan
Similar to the names of a Centaur
- +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, +4 Charisma, -2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution: Onocentaurs are charming and strong willed. However, they are known to be less physically fit than centaurs due to their fairly sedimentary lifestyles as businessmen or politicians.
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Medium: As a Medium creature, an onocentaur has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Onocentaur base land speed is 40 feet.
- Darkvision: An onocentaur can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and an onocentaur can function just fine with no light at all.
- +4 Racial Bonus on Diplomacy checks
- +4 Racial Bonus on Sense Motive checks
- +2 Racial Bonus on Appraise checks
- Stubborn (Ex): +2 Racial Bonus on Will Saves
- Bonus Feat (Ex): Iron Will
- +2 Natural Armor Bonus
- Natural Attack (Ex): 2 Hooves (1d3)
- Automatic Languages: Common and Sylvan
- Bonus Languages: Elven, Dwarven, Halfling
- Favored Class: Fighter, Noble, Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +2
- Effective Character Level: 3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||60 years||75 years||++3d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 8"||+2d6||650 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 2"||+2d6||500 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||3 +|
|Favored Class||Fighter +, Noble + and Sorcerer +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||2 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength +, +2 Wisdom +, +4 Charisma +, -2 Dexterity + and -2 Constitution +|
|Summary||The half-man, half-donkey cousins of the Centaur +|
|Type||Monstrous Humanoid +|