Panthris (5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|“||The Panthris are not known to those on the surface, and not loved by the Dwarves, but they are happy with their lot in life.||”|
|—Darmir, dwarven chronicler|
The tigers that live in the deepest parts of Terrados, not much is known about them by any but the dwarves.
Panthris are tall and strong, bipedal with long tails, they for all appearances appear to be tigers that have taken to life as a humanoid. They stand about a foot taller than humans on average. They adorn themselves in brightly colored beads and glass.
Your typical Panthris is very sociable, and always curious. They are more than willing to take in a stranger in exchange for a tale or two that they haven't heard before.
Panthris are a nomadic people, traveling from place to place in the underground caverns. Trading with one another and discovering ancient secrets. They will welcome anyone who has an unknown tale to tell and something shiny to share. Their most common semi-permanent dwellings are often abandoned dwarven cities, where they raise their youngest and keep what they cannot carry.
Panthris adventurers are incredibly rare above ground, but scouts and those that learn more about the underground are common enough, Panthris are rather curious by nature so it's no surprise that they would leave home chasing after another discovery or tale to tell.
Panthris like the way that common sounds when it comes from dwarves, though they rarely speak it themselves. They take the words they know and apply them to their young with hopes of strong words imparting strength of character. Family names however are often words in the language of Panthris and far more traditional.
Male Names: Slash, Fang, Brindle
Female Names: Amur, Stripe, Claw
Family Names: Grenshir, Romisca, Pru
- Creature Type. Humanoid
- Ability Score Increase. Strength +2, Dexterity +1
- Age. Panthris reach maturity at 18 years old and will often live to be 100 or more barring the unforeseen.
- Alignment. Panthris are most often Chaotic Good, they live freely but are prone to helping others when it is called for.
- Size. 6'0 Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base speed is 30 feet. You have a climb speed of 30 feet
- Advanced Darkvision. Living in the deepest parts of the world gives priority to evolving the ability to see naturally in the dark. You can see in the dark as if it were bright light up to 90 feet. You can see normally in dim light. However, bright light hurts your eyes and will dazzle you.
- Underground Stalker. Panthris can move unhindered through difficult terrain while underground
- Cave Lungs. Panthris can hold their breath for a number of rounds equal to four times their Constitution score before risking drowning or suffocating.
- Claws. Panthris have sharp claws that deal 1d4 slashing damage+ strength with their unarmed strikes.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Panthris. You can speak common brokenly but cannot read or write in it without additional study.
|Ability Mods||Str +2 + and Dex +1 +|
|Dexterity||Dex +1 +|
|Features||Age +, Alignment +, Size +, Speed +, Advanced Darkvision +, Underground Stalker +, Cave Lungs +, Claws + and Languages +|
|Identifier||5e Race +|
|Is Race||true +|
|Summary||An underground race that looks like a cross between a tiger and a human. They specialize in digging. +|