The Planewalker's Handbook
| Product Blurb
| THE SECRET OF SURVIVAL AIN'T WHO YOU ARE, BERK -
IT'S WHAT YOU KNOW!
Feeling overpowered by the infinite possibilities of the multiverse? Wondering how to role-play a tiefling, what spells to memorize, and how to manipulate portals? Here's the dark of it: The Planewalker's Handbook is the essential manual for survival on the planes - a Player's Handbook for the PLANESCAPE setting! This 160-page book, written for players and Dungeon Masters alike, builds on material from the PLANESCAPE Campaign Setting boxed set, presenting new information crucial to anyone playing or running a PLANESCAPE campaign.
This definitive full-color guide features new illustrations by DiTerlizzi and contains:
- all the information needed to create and customize characters, including new races, archetypes, proficiencies, equipment, and a Planewalking kit designed for each character group;
- a taste of the multiverse: a look at each of the planes, with commentary and helpful hints by noted planewalker Tarsheva Longreach;
- a guide to planar travel, from portals to conduits to the Great Paths;
- tips on surviving and profiting in PLANESCAPE campaigns, from dealing with specific races to the rundown on the factions of Sigil;
- an overview of how magic really works (or doesn't!) on the planes;
- new spells and magical items useful in exploring (and surviving) the planes; and
- a special section on the power of belief, and how it can change the multiverse - including a new rules system that allows player characters to actively affect the planes around them!
This text is quoted from promotion material. Text and images are copyrighted by the original publisher.
The Planewalker's Handbook is an accessory for the 2nd edition of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, published in 1996.
Back to Main Page → Publication List → 2e Publications
Back to Main Page → DnD Encyclopedia → Campaign Settings → Planescape