From Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
|This article is about Dwarf|
|For other uses of Dwarf, see Dwarf (disambiguation).|
|This material from the 5th edition SRD is published under the OGL|
Dwarf is a playable race in 5th edition. A subrace should also be selected.
Your dwarf character has an assortment of inborn abilities, part and parcel of dwarven nature.
- Ability Score Increase. Constitution +2
- Age. Dwarves mature at the same rate as humans, but they’re considered young until they reach the age of 50. On average, they live about 350 years.
- Alignment. Most dwarves are lawful, believing firmly in the benefits of a well-ordered society. They tend toward good as well, with a strong sense of fair play and a belief that everyone deserves to share in the benefits of a just order.
- Size. Dwarves stand between 4 and 5 feet tall and average about 150 pounds. Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base speed is 25 feet.
- Darkvision. Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Dwarven Resilience. You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.
- Dwarven Combat Training. You have proficiency with the battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, and warhammer.
- Tool Proficiency. You gain proficiency with the artisan’s tools of your choice: smith’s tools, brewer’s supplies, or mason’s tools.
- Stonecunning. Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish. Dwarvish is full of hard consonants and guttural sounds, and those characteristics spill over into whatever other language a dwarf might speak.
|This section exceeds the text of the SRD|
|Gray Dwarf||Str +1||Superior Darkvision, Extra Language, Duergar Resilience, Duergar Magic, Sunlight Sensitivity||These dwarves are native to the Underdark. They are innate spellcasters, are resistant to illusions, but are sensitive to sunlight.||Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide|
|Hill Dwarf||Wis +1||Dwarven Toughness||Hill Dwarves have a keen senses, deep intuition, and remarkable resilience||SRD5|
|Mountain Dwarf||Str +2||Dwarven Armor Training||These mountain-dwelling dwarves are trained in the use of armor.||Player's Handbook (5e)|
|Sand Dwarf||Dex +1||Sunblasted, Survivors, Quick||Dwarves from desert climbs.||Rlyehable|
|Terrados Dwarf||Str +1, Dex +2||Eternal Hope, Elemental Lungs, Light as Air|
Facts about "Dwarf"
|Ability Mods||Con +2 +|
|Features||Darkvision 60 +, Dwarven Resilience +, Dwarven Combat Training +, Tool Proficiency +, Stonecunning +, Age +, Alignment +, Size +, Speed + and Languages +|
|Is Race||true +|
|Summary||Short, heavy, subterranean humanoids +|