| This material is published under the OGL
Also see the half-giant creature listing.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A half-giant is automatically proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.
- Fire Acclimated: Half-giants have a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against all fire spells and effects. Half-giants are accustomed to enduring high temperatures.
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of half-giants lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a half-giant is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the half-giant is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A half-giant is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A half-giant can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Naturally Psionic: Half-giants gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Ability: 1/day—stomp. Manifester level is equal to 1/2 Hit Dice (minimum 1st). The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Language: Common.
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Ignan.
- Favored Class: Psychic Warrior.
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 2
Table: Half-Giant Random Starting Ages
| 30 years
Table: Half-Giant Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 60 years
|| 80 years
|| 120 years
|| +4d% years
Table: Half-Giant Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 6’ 4”
|| 220 lb.
|| × (2d6) lb.
|| 6’ 1”
|| 180 lb.
|| × (2d6) lb.
Back to Main Page → System Reference Document → Races