|This material is published under the OGL|
Also see the orc creature listing.
An orc’s hair usually is black. It has lupine ears and reddish eyes. Orcs prefer wearing vivid colors that many humans would consider unpleasant, such as blood red, mustard yellow, yellow-green, and deep purple. Their equipment is dirty and unkempt. An adult male orc is a little over 6 feet tall and weighs about 210 pounds.
Females are slightly smaller.
- +4 Strength, −2 Intelligence, −2 Wisdom, −2 Charisma. An orc’s starting Intelligence score is always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3.
- Humanoid (Orc)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, orcs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- An orc’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Orcs can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and orcs can function just fine with no light at all.
- Light Sensitivity: Orcs are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Orc.
- Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass orc’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Barbarian +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+4 Strength +, −2 Intelligence +, −2 Wisdom + and −2 Charisma +|
|Summary||An orc’s hair usually is black. It has lupine ears and reddish eyes. +|