Variant Outsider (3.5e Type)
An outsider is a creature partially (or wholly) composed of the essence of a plane other than the Material Plane, but not of an elemental energy.
Outsiders have the following features:
- A d8 hit die
- Good BAB (as fighter)
- All good saves (as monk)
- 8+Int skill points, x4 at 1st HD
They also have the following traits, unless noted otherwise:
- Darkvision 60ft
- Outsiders do not have separate souls. Thus, spells such as raise dead, reincarnate or resurrection don't work on them. It takes a limited wish, miracle, true resurrection or wish to restore it to life.
- Outsiders are inherently magical creatures. Their attacks, whether natural or manufactured, are always considered to be magical for all purposes, including for the purposes of DR and affecting incorporeal creatures.
- Proficiency with any weapons or armour listed in their entry.
- Outsiders do not need to breathe, eat or sleep. They of course can do these things, and many do them to appear similar to the mortals that they encounter or to simply show off to their underlings or rivals.
Additionally, native is now a subtype of outsider, which changes the following aspects.
- Native outsiders can be raised or resurrected normally.
- Native outsiders need to breathe, eat and sleep.