Zone of OSHA-Compliance (3.5e Spell)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Evocation / Divination [Force]|
|Level:||Cleric 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3|
|Casting time:||1 round|
|Range:||20-foot-radius emanation centered on you, or a 60-foot-radius area|
|Effect:||A bubble of safety|
|Duration:||10 min./level (D)|
Safety First, Last, and Always.
You create a shimmering bubble of faintly yellow energy that either surrounds you in a 20-foot-radius emanation and moves with you, or remains in a stationary 60-foot-radius spread. Within the space of this bubble, everything becomes extremely safe. The following effects appear as they enter the bubble and wink out again when they leave it.
- Any sheer drop of 2 feet or more becomes shielded by safety rails of indestructible force. The safety rails are incapable of trapping or otherwise pinning any creature, and always appear in a way as to not obstruct any creatures or objects. You can still choose to hop over them with a Jump check or by expending a move action, but why would you want to? Always ensure your personal safety first.
- Any localized mundane physical hazard in the area capable of dealing 1 or more points of damage is clearly indicated by a 1-foot-thick black-and-yellow safety line on the ground, starting 5 feet from the hazardous object and surrounding it on all accessible sides. Hazards that this spell responds to include exposed machinery like cogs, spiky or otherwise damaging surfaces, sources of intense fire and heat, acid, or electricity, machines and objects with violently moving parts, and mundane traps that take a DC of up to 15 + your caster level to find. Only effects that don't move and last more than 1 round are outlined in this manner. Cross safety lines at your own peril.
- Interior areas with at least one safety hazard are outfitted with floating emergency exit signs, and any hallway with two or more branching corridors is outfitted with floating arrows pointing to the nearest exit. Always know where the nearest exit is.
- Any unlabeled buttons, switches, and manually operated mechanisms will be magically supplied with glowing label stickers that describe their function and provide detailed instructions for safe handling. Any mechanisms or technology that requires a Knowledge (architecture and engineering) check with a DC of more than 15 + your caster level to understand the function of will remain unlabeled. Always properly check what a button does before you press it.
- Any creature within the area of the spell is automatically adorned with a safety helmet made of indestructible force, granting them resistance to all damage sources coming from above (stuff like avalanches, falling debris, vertically displaced construction tools, and the occasional flame strike) equal to 10 + your caster level. Likewise, whenever a creature operates a tool that requires safety equipment within the area of this spell, a force-made version of the equipment is immediately conjured on the creature's person if it doesn't yet have them, such as an arc welder automatically gaining a welding helmet, a construction worker or factory laborer being outfitted with safety shoes, et cetera. Always wear your safety gear.
The stationary version of Zone of OSHA-Compliance can be made permanent with permanency, at the cost of 1,500 XP.
|Article Balance||High +|
|Component||V + and S +|
|Identifier||3.5e Spell +|
|Level||Cleric 3 + and Sorcerer/Wizard 3 +|
|Rated By||Eiji-kun +, Undead Knave +, Wildmage +, Luigifan18 +, Aeturo +, STDoc + and HiddenKnowledge +|
|Rating||Rated 3.6 / 4 +|
|School||Evocation + and Divination +|
|Summary||Creates a bubble around you in which nothing can go wrong. Trust me. +|
|Title||Zone of OSHA-Compliance +|