Alchemical Compact Blunderbuss (3.5e Equipment)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Alchemical Compact Blunderbuss
Exotic Light Projectile
|Damage (Small):||2d6 and 2d6 fire|
|Damage (Medium)1:||3d6 and 2d6 fire|
|Type3:||Piercing and Fire|
1. See Damage Increases by Size to calculate the damage for a weapon larger than Medium or smaller than Small.
2. Weight figures are for Medium weapons. A Small weapon weighs half as much, and a Large weapon weighs twice as much.
3. When two types are given, the weapon is both types if the entry specifies "and", either type (player's choice at time of attack) if the entry specifies "or", or each end of the double weapon is a different type if the entry specifies "/".
4. The hp value given is for Medium armor, weapons, and shields. Divide by 2 for each size category of the item smaller than Medium, or multiply it by 2 for each size category larger than Medium.
A small, fitted and tidy version of the blunderbuss, the alchemical compact blunderbuss use an extremely efficient alchemical fuel to fire instead of gunpowder. The result is a lightweight and simple weapon that pack a powerful punch. When a alchemical compact blunderbuss fires, it strikes all creatures within a 20 feet line-shaped burst, using the same attack roll and damage roll against each creature separately. If the range of the blunderbuss increases, apply the increase to the line length instead. You cannot deliver precision damage with a blunderbuss. The alchemical compact blunderbuss share the same proficiency as the blunderbuss, feats which affect one (such as Weapon Focus) also affect the other.
Instead of gunpowder, the blunderbuss must be loaded with alchemist's fire, a single vial containing enough fuel for a single shot. Sadly, reloading a Alchemical Compact Blunderbuss take 5 minute of work (which is not altered by having exotic weapon proficiency), as the safety chamber must be carefully opened and the vial loaded properly, making this essentially a once per encounter weapon. The alchemical compact blunderbuss can be loaded with either Alchemical Lava or Alchemical Hellfire instead of its normal payload. Doing so turns the normal fire damage dealt with the alchemical compact blunderbuss into 6d6 fire or 4d6 hellfire damage respectively. However, on a natural 1 to hit, the weapon explodes and deals the extra damage to the wielder with no save and the weapon breaks.
Melee Shot: You can fire a alchemical compact blunderbuss in melee without provoking an attack of opportunity and do not take a penalty from shooting in melee.
- Crude Oil Pot: Instead of dealing fire damage, it instead leaves crude oil in its line of fire.
- Liquid Nitrogen: Instead of dealing fire damage, the alchemical compact blunderbuss deal 4d6 cold damage.
|Cost||100 gp +|
|Damage||3d6 and 2d6 fire +|
|Damage Type||Piercing + and Fire +|
|Hit Points||5 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Equipment +|
|Title||Alchemical Compact Blunderbuss +|