Apexes (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The apex of human psychic evolution. The apexes are terrible creatures to behold.
Apexes are quite similar to humans when it come to personality, however many apexes suffer from some form of insanity. Apexes are often "control freaks" thanks to their incredible intelligence and powerful personality. Apexes are often seen as manipulators and schemers, some cultures however see them as powerful leaders and sages.
Apexes does not deviate too much from humanity when it come to appearance. Among the few differences, apexes tend to have a lighter tone of skin. Powerful apexes often have grey skin as their powerful psychic aura slowly decays it. All apexes have pupil-less silver eyes. Apexes tend to be taller and slimmer than regular humans.
Apexes are a mutation of humans instead of a race of their own. Other races tend to see them as haughty and very creepy humans at best and madmen and a direct threat at worst.
Apexes, like humans, do not gravitate toward particular alignments.
Apexes live on land alongside humans, often managing to place themselves at the top of the food chain. Usually ending as nobles or powerful merchants, having a great deal of influence over human policy.
Apexes are known to have very diverse religious beliefs, like their genetic fathers, humans.
Apexes use telepathy to communicate beyond the borders of language. They still share a native language with humans (such as Common).
Apexes are named with human names. Their names depend greatly on the human culture they were born in.
- -2 Strength, -2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +2 Charisma
- Humanoid (Human): Apexes are extremely psychically evolved creatures, but still humans.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, apexes have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Apex base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision 120 feet and low-light vision.
- Apex start with an extra [psionic] feat or [metapsionic] feat at 1st.
- Mind Over Matter (Ex): Apexes can use their intelligence modifier instead of their constitution modifier for determining their hit point at first level. Additionally they gain a +4 hp bonus at first level.
- Naturally Psionic: Apexes gain 1 extra power point per character level, regardless of whether they choose a psionic class.
- Offensive Mastery: Apexes gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls and damages.
- Psychic Abomination (Su): Apexes are the height of human psychic evolution. Their heavy psychic presence causes nearby creatures to suffer. Any creature within 10' of the apex take a -2 penalty to all saving throws. This ability can be suppress or resumed as a free action at will.
- Steel Resolves: Apexes have a +2 racial bonus on will saves against psychic powers and psi-like abilities.
- Apexes gain a +2 racial bonus to autohypnosis, concentration, intimidate and sense motive check.
- Telepathy 100 feet.
- Automatic Languages: Common.
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret.
- Favored Class: Psion/Psychic
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|135 years||253 years||470 years||+3d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Psion + and Psychic +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||1 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Strength +, -2 Constitution +, +4 Intelligence + and +2 Charisma +|
|Rated By||Eiji-kun +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||The apex of human psychic evolution. The apexes are terrible creatures to behold. +|