Battlecaster's Robes (3.5e Equipment)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|A set of Azarroan armored battlerobes.|
These armored golden robes of resplendent orichalcum-gilded weave greatly enhance a spellcaster's prowess in combat.
|Small||6500 gp||13000 gp||+4||17.5 lb.||10|
|Medium||6500 gp||13000 gp||+4||35 lb.||10|
|Fine||3250 gp||6500 gp||+0||3.5 lb.||10|
|Diminutive||3250 gp||6500 gp||+0||3.5 lb.||10|
|Tiny||3250 gp||6500 gp||+0||3.5 lb.||10|
|Large||13000 gp||26000 gp||+4||70 lb.||10|
|Huge||26000 gp||52000 gp||+4||175 lb.||10|
|Gargantuan||52000 gp||104000 gp||+4||280 lb.||10|
|Colossal||104000 gp||208000 gp||+4||420 lb.||10|
| Armor Check
| Arcane Spell
|Base||20 ft.||30 ft.||40 ft.||50 ft.||60 ft.||70 ft.||80 ft.||90 ft.||100 ft.|
|Armored||15 ft.||20 ft.||30 ft.||35 ft.||40 ft.||50 ft.||55 ft.||60 ft.||70 ft.|
|1 minute||5 rounds||1 minute1|
Employed by the most elite battlemage units from the theocratic kingdoms of the Azarro continent, these robes, reinforced with a lining of orichalcum scales, turn any accomplished spellcaster into a force to be reckoned with. Perhaps emboldened by the defenses indwelling the battlecaster's robe, its wearer is allowed to fully focus on their magic with impunity. However, as far as robes go, they are undeniably heavy and impeding. Battlecaster's robes are treated as fashioned from orichalcum and gain all the benefits of the material. The battlecaster's armor is always masterwork; price and benefits are subsumed in the above statistics.
The battlecaster's robes grant the following benefits when worn, on top of their general protective capabilities:
- The battlecaster's robes count as a masterwork Concentration skill tool.
- The battlecaster's robes count as medium armor, but can be worn without having medium armor proficiency if you possess a caster level.
- You gain a personal shield that is powered by the residual magical power you give off. The shield has maximum hit points equal to your highest caster level. While the shield has 1 or more hit points, it prevents you from being critically hit, stunned or staggered by effects that don't bypass shields. This shield does not recharge over time, but rather regains hit points automatically while you cast spells, at a rate of 2 hit points per spell level. Wearing the robes while meditating, preparing or praying for spells recharges the shield fully.
Battlecaster's robes can be enhanced with magic, though at four times the base price of magical enhancement. Besides the increased Armor Class, magically enhanced battlecaster's robes grant the following additional benefits:
- You gain a bonus to Concentration checks equal to the robe's enhancement bonus.
- While your personal shield has at least 1 hit point, you gain a deflection bonus to AC equal to the robe's enhancement bonus.
- Your personal shield gains hardness equal the robes' enhancement bonus (see Hard Shields).
Craft (tailoring and armorsmithing) DC 32. Market Price 6,500 gp.
|Arcane Spell Failure||0% +|
|Armor Bonus||+4 +|
|Armor Check||-6 +|
|Cost||6500 gp +|
|Craft DC||32 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Equipment +|
|Max Dex Bonus||+2 +|
|Summary||Reinforced robes that protect their wielder with a w. +|
|Title||Battlecaster's Robes +|
|Weight||35 lb. +|