Bender of Air (3.5e Class)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A swift wielder of the element of Air, the Bender of Air is a master of movement and defense. 20 1 Moderate Poor Good Good Alternate Magic Full
Lawful Good Lawful Neutral Lawful Evil Neutral Good Neutral Neutral Evil Chaotic Good Chaotic Neutral Chaotic Evil
Bender of Air
Benders of Air are swift scouts and emissaries.
Making a Bender of Air
Benders of Air can fly and speed around the battlefield, but they really don't have the best attack capability.
Abilities: Benders of Air use Charisma for their saving throws.
Races: Races that live in airless or underground environment seldom have a profusion of Benders of Air.
Starting Gold: 5d4×10 gp (125 gp).
|Saving Throws||Special||Bends Known|
Class Skills (6 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the Bender of Air.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Benders of Air are proficient with simple weapons. In addition, due to Air Bending being based off of Baguazhang, any weapons dealing with those of the martial art are also treated as simple. An example would be that of Deer Horn Knives.
Saving Throws: The DC for any saving throw for the Bender of Air's abilities are equal to 10 + the Bender of Air's Charisma modifier + half the Bender of Air's class level.
Basic Bends: The Bender of Air can cool up to 5 pounds of material per Bending level at a distance of up to 5' per Bending level as a standard action. He can also blow light objects, such as paper, leaves, and cloth, into the air in a cone with a length of up to 5' per Bending level.
Bending: The Bender of Air gains a variety of abilities. All Bending abilities require somatic components (broad arm and leg movements), unless stated otherwise. The Bender of Air's Bending level is equal to her Bender of Air level. Bending level stacks from multiple sources. If an area of effect is specified, the effective Bending level for determining that area may be reduced as desired.
Trap Save: Some Bends allow a trap save to resist. A trap save is just like a normal save, but creatures with more than half health automatically succeed.
- Air Smash: The Bender of Air swings his arm, propelling a wave of air at the target. This is a ranged touch attack with Medium range. A target hit by this Air Smash is knocked backwards 5' (+5' per two Bending levels), reduced by 10' for every size larger than Medium, and increased by 5' for every size smaller than Medium. Flying creatures are thrown twice as far. If using a polearm or fan this distance is doubled. This is an attack action. A trap save is permitted for the target to resist landing in a dangerous spot, such as in a fire, falling off a cliff, or in a cage. A successful Reflex Trap Save stops the target at the edge of that spot.
- Air Slice: The Bender of Air swings his arm, propelling a blade of air at the target. This is a ranged attack with Close range that deals 1d6 points (+1d4 per three Bending levels) of slashing damage. This is an attack action.
- Scooter: The Bender of Air creates a bubble of air that he sits on to speed around. Beginning or ending this ability is a move action. While using Scooter, the Bender of Air gets +5' per Bending level bonus to movement speed, and a +1 bonus to Dodge AC per two Bending levels, but cannot do any other bending.
- Forceful Gust: The Bender of Air exhales quite forcefully as a standard action. This functions like gust of wind in the shape of a cone that is up to 5' long per Bending level. A Reflex Trap Save is permitted for the target to resist landing in a dangerous spot, such as in a fire, falling off a cliff, or in a cage. A successful trap save stops the target at the edge of that spot.
- Assist Flight (passive): The Bender of Air can fly with the assistance of a glider. While in possession of a Glider, the Bender of Air is no longer restricted from flying upwards and no longer drifts downwards. In addition, his flight speed improves by 5' per two Bending levels and his flight maneuverability improves by one step for all methods of flight.
- Yank: The Bender of Air swings his arm inwards, propelling a wave of air from the target to himself. This is a ranged touch attack with Medium range. A target hit by this Yank is knocked towards the Bender 5' (+5' per two Bending levels), reduced by 10' for every size larger than Medium, and increased by 5' for every size smaller than Medium. Flying creatures are thrown twice as far. If using a polearm or fan, this distance is doubled. This is an attack action. A Reflex Trap Save is permitted for the target to resist landing in a dangerous spot, such as in a fire, falling off a cliff, or in a cage. A successful trap save stops the target at the edge of that spot.
- Increase Speed(passive): The Bender of Air gains an enhancement bonus to all movement speeds he possesses, as a Monk with a level equal to the Bender of Air's hit dice.
- Swipe: The Bender of Air can deflect a projectile that has a trajectory that passes within 5' per Bending level of the Bender of Air. If the attack roll of the projectile was less than twice the Bender of Air's Bending level, the projectile is redirected, and the Bender of Air makes a new attack roll for the projectile against a target within the projectile's remaining range. This is an immediate action.
- Air Spout: The Bender of Air can use his land movement to levitate up to 5' per Bending level in the air.
- Amplified Shout: The Bender of Air can amplify his voice to incredible levels. As a standard action, he can deal 1d8 points of sonic damage (+1d6 per three Bending levels) to everything within 30', and half that much to everything within 100'. A successful Fortitude save negates this damage.
- Currents of Air (passive): The Bender of Air gains the Scent special quality. However, the range at which the Bender of Air detects opponents increases by 5' per Bending level, whether upwind, downwind, or neither. The Bender of Air adds his Bending level to his check when using Scent to Track.
- Echolocation: The Bender of Air lets forth a high pitched screech as a swift action. Anything corporeal to which he has line of effect in a 60' cone (+10' per Bending level) is automatically revealed to him, and he ignores concealment greater then 20% against the target until either he or the target moves at least 5'.
- Ultrasound: The Bender of Air waves his arms or weapon around in a circle, making a combination of low-pitched and ultrasonic hums. This churns the internal organs of all creatures who are not immune to critical hits in a 20' cone (+5' per Bending level), forcing them to make Fortitude Trap Saves or be Nauseated for 1d4 rounds.
- Misdirected Bending (passive): The Bender of Air can make gusts of wind that neither go towards nor away from himself. He may treat any Air bend he does as emanating from a location within Close range, but if he does so, his Bending level is halved for that bend.
- Mass Bending (passive): The Bender of Air can alter bends that would normally affect only one target to affect up to one target per Bending level. If he does so, his Bending level is distributed among those targets as he chooses, with a minimum of 1 Bending level used on any given target.
- Shield Bubble: The Bender of Air can bend a 10' radius bubble around himself as a standard action. Ranged attacks, spells, and characters attempting to cross the threshold of this bubble must succeed on a level check with a DC of 15 + the Bender of Air's Bending level + the Bender of Air's Charisma modifier. Maintaining the Shield Bubble is a swift action that deals 1d4 points of nonlethal damage to the Bender of Air.
- Tornado: The Bender of Air can conjure tornadoes as a full-round action. This functions like the whirlwind spell, with the exceptions that the Tornado cannot be programmed, has a height of 5' per Bending level, and lasts until the Bender of Air stops concentrating on it. A Reflex Trap Save is permitted for the target to resist being ejected in a dangerous spot, such as in a fire, falling off a cliff, or in a cage. A successful Trap Save prevents you from ejecting the target until next round.
- Air Concussor: The Bender of Air sends a small burst of air traveling across the ground, which blasts apart anything in its path. Everything in a 10' (+10' per Bending level) line must make a Reflex save or take 1d10 points of force damage (+1d8 per two Bending levels). Characters who pass their Reflex save take no damage. Air Concussor is a standard action.
- Flight (passive): The Bender of Air gains a 5' (+5' per Bending level) Perfect fly speed.
- Loudmouth (passive): The ranges and areas of effect of "Amplified Shout", "Echolocation", and "Ultrasound" are doubled. In addition, any enemy hit by any of these Bends takes 1d6 points of Sonic damage, no save allowed.
Bend Invention: Imaginative characters can invent new bends, with DM supervision.
|Allowed Alignments||Lawful Good +, Lawful Neutral +, Lawful Evil +, Neutral Good +, Neutral +, Neutral Evil +, Chaotic Good +, Chaotic Neutral + and Chaotic Evil +|
|Article Balance||High +|
|Base Attack Bonus Progression||Moderate +|
|Class Ability||Alternate Magic +|
|Class Ability Progression||Full +|
|Fortitude Save Progression||Poor +|
|Identifier||3.5e Class +|
|Minimum Level||1 +|
|Rated By||Zhenra-Khal +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Reflex Save Progression||Good +|
|Skill||Autohypnosis +, Balance +, Bluff +, Climb +, Concentration +, Craft +, Decipher Script +, Diplomacy +, Disguise +, Escape Artist +, Forgery +, Gather Information +, Handle Animal +, Heal +, Hide +, Intimidate +, Jump +, Knowledge +, Listen +, Move Silently +, Ride +, Sense Motive +, Sleight of Hand +, Spot +, Swim +, Tumble + and Use Rope +|
|Skill Points||6 +|
|Summary||A swift wielder of the element of Air, the Bender of Air is a master of movement and defense. +|
|Title||Bender of Air +|
|Will Save Progression||Good +|