Bender of Earth (3.5e Class)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A manipulator of dirt and stone, Benders of Earth make excellent builders, demolishers, and tunnelers. 20 1 Moderate Good Poor Poor Alternate Magic Full
Lawful Good Lawful Neutral Lawful Evil Neutral Good Neutral Neutral Evil Chaotic Good Chaotic Neutral Chaotic Evil
Bender of Earth
Benders of Earth are students of the badger moles, crafting grand cities and ridiculous fortifications.
Making a Bender of Earth
Benders of Earth reshape the battlefield, flinging enemies into the air and creating defensive fortifications.
Abilities: Constitution is the ability score for their saving throws. Dexterity is good for attack rolls, as is Strength.
Races: Races without any connection to dirt or rock are unlikely to have many Benders of Earth.
Starting Gold: 3d4×10 gp (75 gp).
|Saving Throws||Special||Bends Known|
Class Skills (4 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the Bender of Earth.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Benders of Earth are proficient with light, medium, and heavy armor, and simple weapons.
Saving Throws: The DC for any saving throw for the Bender of Earth's abilities are equal to 10 + the Bender of Earth's Constitution modifier + half the Bender of Earth's class level.
Basic Bends: The Bender of Earth can shape up to one contiguous 5' cube of dirt or stone per Bending level with a touch as a standard action. No part of that dirt or stone may be moved more than 5' in this way.
Bending: The Bender of Earth gains a variety of abilities. All Bending abilities require somatic components (broad arm and leg movements), unless stated otherwise. The Bender of Earth's Bending level is equal to her Bender of Earth level. Bending level stacks from multiple sources. If an area of effect is specified, the effective Bending level for determining that area may be reduced as desired.
Trap Save: Some Bends allow a trap save to resist. A trap save is just like a normal save, but creatures with more than half health automatically succeed.
- Rock Throw: The Bender of Earth can levitate a chunk of rock into the air and then propel it at an enemy as an attack action. This attack deals 1d12 (+1d10 per three Bending levels) points of bludgeoning damage if it hits. Treat the attack as a throwing attack with a range increment of 40'.
- Rock Block: The Bender of Earth can move one 5' cube of dirt or rock within 5' per Bending level a distance of 5' as a swift action. A Reflex Trap Save is permitted for a target (a character on or next to the cube) to resist being stuck in a pit or trapped somewhere. A successful Trap Save lets the target move to a space adjacent to the cube.
- Foot Vision: The Bender of Earth gains 30' Tremorsense (+10' per Bending level). The Bender of Earth can detect the one (+1 per Bending level) heaviest mobile character in contact with the earth within 500' (+200' per Bending level) and get a guess as to their general direction.
- Stone Armor: The Bender of Earth can shape stone into Breastplate, Full Plate, a Light Shield, a Heavy Shield, a Tower Shield, or Gauntlets as a standard action. Equipment created in this way has half the Armor Check penalty, Maximum Dexterity increased by 2, and deals +1 damage with its attacks. Maintaining this equipment is a swift action.
- Stone Hand: The Bender of Earth can levitate a small chunk of rock into the air, and then propel it into the air and turn it into a grabbing hand. Make a ranged touch attack against a target within Close range. That target must make a grapple check opposed by her Bending level check. If she wins, the target is grappled for 1 round. This is a standard action.
- Rock Fingers (passive): The Bender of Earth adds twice her Bending level to her Climb checks when climbing dirt or stone.
- Monolith Shove: The Bender of Earth stamps the ground, and a target within Medium range who is touching the ground must make a Reflex Trap Save or be catapulted 5' into the air per Bending level. The Bender of Earth can choose any place within 10' per Bending level of the target for the target to land. Monolith Shove is a standard action.
- Boulder Run: The Bender of Earth uses the earth beneath her feet to push herself forward. Beginning or ending this ability is a standard action. While using Boulder Run, the Bender of Earth gets a +5' bonus per Bending level to land movement speed, but cannot do any other bending.
- Master Builder (passive): The Bender of Earth can move dirt and stone a distance of up to 5' per Bending level while using the Basic Bend, and can move twice as much dirt or stone.
- Fissure: The Bender of Earth creates a fissure that's 5' deep per Bending level. This fissure is a line that's 5' long per Bending level originating from a point within 5' per Bending level. Anybody of Medium size or smaller within a square occupied by the fissure must make a Reflex Trap Save or fall in. Anybody within or adjacent to a square occupied by the fissure must make a Balance check or fall prone (DC 10 + Bending level + Constitution modifier).
- Quicksand: The Bender of Earth can make one 5' square per Bending level within Close range into difficult terrain as a standard action. In addition, she is immune to falling damage when landing on dirt or stone.
- Impale: The Bender of Earth stamps the ground, and a target within Medium range who is within 5' of dirt or stone must make a Reflex save or take 1d10 points of Piercing damage (+1d8 per two Bending levels). This is a standard action.
- Bend Metal (passive): The Bender of Earth can bend metal as though it was dirt or rock.
- Bend Flesh (passive): The Bender of Earth can bend dead organic matter as though it was dirt or rock.
- Rock Encasement: The Bender of Earth stamps the ground, and a target within Medium range must make a Reflex Trap Save or become encased in conical sheets of rock. While encased, the target cannot move his limbs. The target may make a Strength check (DC equal to 10 + the Bender of Earth's Constitution modifier + half the Bender of Earth's Bending level) as a full-round action to attempt to get free. The Escape Artist check to escape has a DC equal to 15 + the Bender of Earth's Constitution modifier + the Bender of Earth's Bending level.
- Fast Bender (passive): "Monolith Shove", "Stone Armor", and "Boulder Run" become move actions.
- Quick as Dirt (passive): The Bender of Earth gains a Burrow speed equal to her land speed. She can choose whether or not to leave a tunnel behind.
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies: While underground, the Bender of Earth can spend a full round shaking the cave. At the beginning of her next turn, any number of 5' squares within Close range have rocks fall on them. A successful Reflex Save has a character who would be crushed be moved to an adjacent square without rocks in it or miraculously end up on top of the rocks in their own square. Squares with rocks in them are difficult terrain. Anyone left in a square which has rocks fall on it takes 2d6 points of damage per Bending level.
Bend Invention: Imaginative characters can invent new bends, with DM supervision.
|Allowed Alignments||Lawful Good +, Lawful Neutral +, Lawful Evil +, Neutral Good +, Neutral +, Neutral Evil +, Chaotic Good +, Chaotic Neutral + and Chaotic Evil +|
|Article Balance||High +|
|Base Attack Bonus Progression||Moderate +|
|Class Ability||Alternate Magic +|
|Class Ability Progression||Full +|
|Fortitude Save Progression||Good +|
|Identifier||3.5e Class +|
|Minimum Level||1 +|
|Rated By||Zhenra-Khal +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Reflex Save Progression||Poor +|
|Skill||Appraise +, Balance +, Climb +, Concentration +, Craft +, Diplomacy +, Disable Device +, Escape Artist +, Handle Animal +, Hide +, Intimidate +, Jump +, Knowledge +, Listen +, Move Silently +, Open Lock +, Search +, Sense Motive +, Sleight of Hand +, Spot + and Tumble +|
|Skill Points||4 +|
|Summary||A manipulator of dirt and stone, Benders of Earth make excellent builders, demolishers, and tunnelers. +|
|Title||Bender of Earth +|
|Will Save Progression||Poor +|