Boukh (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Boukh are a race of short goat people who usually live in the mountains, they tend to live alone or in small communities.
Boukh are very varied in personality but have a few trends, they are usually calm and collected outside of combat but tend to be jumpy and unprepared when a fight break out. They also tend to be fiercely proud and territorial, boukh warriors are infamous for their aggressiveness and restlessness. Still boukh tend to be wise as well, capable of collected thoughts and have great observational skills. Young boukh travelers are curious and friendly while older members of the race tend to be sour and ill-mannered.
Standing at barely over 3 feet tall, boukh are not very impressive physically. They are typically entirely covered in a short coat of white hair, have hooved foot and have a goat head. Despite being small they are pretty damn fast and their well developed horns are surprisingly stronger than they look.
Boukh tend to be isolationist but they don't hate anyone in particular, they are friendly with mountain goats which they see as animalistic cousin and spiritual guides. Sadly mountain goat do not seem to return the favor, often causing some dim-witted boukhs to get rammed off a cliff by a pissed off mountain goat.
Boukh tend to gravitate toward the neutral spectrum of alignment.
Boukh typically like to settle in mountainous regions.
Boukh prefer to follow monastic ideals and local deities instead of a greater religion. Since they tend to follow philosophies they typically make good cleric.
Boukh speak common and their own language, cleverly named boukh.
Boukh typically name their children in the boukh language, name are usually composite and simple sounding.
Male: Bha-Rei, Oro-Ra, Behk-Ol, Benh-Ha
Female: Bha-Rei, Oro-Ra, Behk-Ol, Benh-Ha
There no difference between males and female name in the boukh language.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 to any attribute: Individual boukh tend to be tough and wise, but most have other failings.
- Humanoid (Anthro)
- Small: As a Small creature, a boukh gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Boukh base land speed is 30 feet. Boukh have a climb speed of 30 feet
- Boukhs gain Toughness as a bonus feat at 1st level.
- Boukh gain a bonus on their Climb checks and Fortitude save against the effect of high altitude and fatigue equal to their Wisdom modifier.
- Boukhs are always flat-footed for the entire first round of combat.
- Goat Horns: Boukh have a gore dealing 1d6 damage. When using their gore or unarmed attack they count as having improved bull rush and count as a creature one size category larger (increase unarmed attack damage). For the purpose of meeting prerequisite they count as the improved bull rush feat.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Boukh
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
- Favored Class: Cleric or Monk
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||62 years||80 years||++2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 0"||+2d4||40 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2' 10"||+2d4||35 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Cleric + and Monk +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Constitution +, +2 Wisdom + and -2 Any Attribute +|
|Summary||Boukh are a race of short goat people who usually live in the mountains, they tend to live alone or in small communities. +|