Bright Burst Pistol (3.5e Equipment)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Bright Burst Pistol
Exotic One-Handed Projectile
|Type3:||Bludgeoning and Fire|
1. See Damage Increases by Size to calculate the damage for a weapon larger than Medium or smaller than Small.
2. Weight figures are for Medium weapons. A Small weapon weighs half as much, and a Large weapon weighs twice as much.
3. When two types are given, the weapon is both types if the entry specifies "and", either type (player's choice at time of attack) if the entry specifies "or", or each end of the double weapon is a different type if the entry specifies "/".
4. The hp value given is for Medium armor, weapons, and shields. Divide by 2 for each size category of the item smaller than Medium, or multiply it by 2 for each size category larger than Medium.
A powerful energy weapon, the bright burst burst pistol is elegant and often found in garish if somewhat impractical designs. When fired it shoot a powerful heat beam which can scorch most target and release a high amount of energy, dealing both bludgeoning and fire damage, only resistance or immunity to both apply. A bright burst pistol consume a single Energy Cell each time it fire and contain twelves of them at a time, reloading a bright burst pistol take a move action.
A bright burst pistol may be treated as a martial weapon, however a character with the appropriated exotic weapon proficiency feat may add her Dexterity bonus to damage when using a bright burst pistol and gain the following Weapon Arts:
- Blinding Shot: Whenever you roll a confirmed critical hit against a target it must make a Reflex save (DC 10 +1/2 BaB + Dexterity modifier) or become blinded for 1 round then dazzled for a minute. A successful save only cause the target to become dazzled.
- Elegant Sidearm: You may treat the bright burst pistol as alight weapon for the purpose of determining the penalties to two-weapon fighting.
- Supercharge: As a swift or attack action the wielder of a bright burst pistol may overcharge it, if she does the next shot deal double weapon damage and is resolved as a touch attack. A bright burst pistol may only stay supercharged for up to 5 round, then it automatically discharged it energy, while supercharged the bright burst pistol is under the effect of an extraordinary heat metal from the overheating.
|Cost||200 gp +|
|Damage Type||Bludgeoning + and Fire +|
|Hit Points||5 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Equipment +|
|Title||Bright Burst Pistol +|