Carnage (3.5e Equipment)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Carnage is the name given to a powerful set of gauntlets that contain a demon lord.
Carnage is a set of two black adamantine gauntlets adorned with three large rubies each. The rubies seem to be a very dull red, however. Red arcane runes are etched in a spiral on the palms. Each finger comes to a barbed, jagged point making the gauntlets look remarkably like claws.
|Knowledge: The Planes DC||Lore about Carnage|
|20||Carnage is a set of powerful magic gauntlets that have a powerful demon lord bound to them.|
|25||It is said that Carnage is cursed to send those who use it into a deadly frenzy, murdering every nearby creature.|
|30||Carnage is greedy and does not like to allow lesser weapons to steal its kills.|
|35||Each ruby is powered by the life force of the creature it kills.|
|40||Carnage can be overcome by those with a stronger will than the demon lord.|
Game Rule Information
Carnage grants the following benefits to any creature that wears it:
- 2 natural claw attacks that deal 2d6 damage at medium size and have a 19-20/x3 critical.
- If both claw attacks hit a single creature, rend damage is dealt (4d6 + 1 1/2 Strength Modifier).
- Whenever a creature is knocked unconscious by a claw attack, they must make a fortitude save DC 10 + 1/2 the HD of Carnage's wearer + the Strength modifier of Carnage's wearer or take 1 damage per HD of Carnage's wearer.
- Whenever a living creature is killed by a character wearing Carnage, one of the 6 rubies glows bright red. The rubies stop glowing bright red if the creature wearing Carnage does not kill any creatures for 1 minute. The creature also has its soul trapped inside Carnage during this time and cannot be resurrected until the rubies fade.
- Carnage grants a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength for each glowing ruby.
Carnage also imposes the following restrictions on a character, which they can ignore for 1 minute by making a Will save DC 35:
- The character cannot wield a manufactured weapon
- The character cannot attack with a manufactured weapon
- The character cannot attack with unarmed strikes
- Whenever the character kills a creature, it must make a Will save DC 28 + 2 per glowing ruby or else go on a rampage for 1 minute trying to kill the nearest creature with claw attacks or taking the best actions available to find a creature to kill (bursting down doors, running after allies, or whatever else can be done to satisfy the murderous rage).
The character wearing Carnage can only attempt to avoid its restrictions once per minute, but making the saving throw is a free action.