Corunian (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Aliens from an unknown world, corunians are eldritch abomination capable of sifting into humanoid shapes. Corunians are very unearthly-looking, incapable of speech (but oh boy can they make sound) and are non-organic. Corunians are natural shapeshifters and are capable of making themselves invisible and inaudible should they wish. The Cornurians
Corunians are a pretty diverse bunch, many tend to be curious however spending lots of time in alternate forms. The overwhelming majority however believe themselves to be superior to other lifeforms seeking to guide or rule them, a few however reject this view entirely and see other races as equal who shouldn't be deceived. Even fewer associate themselves with other races completely, using their alternate form as their actual 'natural' form and disdain the idea of changing back.
Corunians have a very unique form, standing at around 5'2 feet high and weighting less than 80 lbs. In their natural form corunians have pitch black crystal-shaped body with a dim white aura providing outline and a pair of eerie white eyes located where the 'head' should be. Their body is made of a fibrous crystalline material, they do not possess limbs (like an head, arms nor legs) and it theorized that their skin is in fact a 'shell' for another creature. Corunians are completely genderless and reproduce asexually as one would assume, some develop gender identity and sexual drive if they spend a lot of time in humanoid form.
With the majority seeing themselves as the superior species and the minority almost outright rejecting their race, coruinians dislike interacting with people directly. Preferring to so while in an alternate form or by using created image.
There is no dominant alignment in the coruinians society.
It is rumored the coruinians have a hidden empire among the stars, whether that true or not they do not usually have holding on other planets.
Religion is not popular for coruinians, a few pick up the habits of worshiping Gods but they are far from the majority.
Corunians have no language, they are naturally able to understand all language and just communicate with each other telepathically. The horrid noise they can make may have been how they communicated in eons past.
Corunians have weird alien name like F'Nar and Z'orz with no real patterns or sense to it. As a genderless race
- -2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +4 Intelligence: Corunians are physically awkward because of their form but are extremely hardy and very very smart.
- Outsider (Shapechanger, Xenotheric): Corunians are creatures that are completely aliens and almost compltely beyound the understanding of humankind.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a corunian has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Corunian base land speed is 0 feet. Corunian are incapable of moving normally, however they have an hover speed of 30 feet. At 6th level they also gain a fly speed of 30 feet (good).
- Darkvision: A corunian can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a corunian can function just fine with no light at all.
- Alien Biology (Ex): Corunians have a truly alien anatomy, they have no limbs and thus cannot wield weapons, they do not need to sleep, eat or breath, are immune to mundane and magical diseases (in addition to other xenotheric immunities) are incapable of normal speech and are immune to critical hits. They are definitely monstrous for the purpose of fitting armor. Note that this ability is lost whenever they use shapechanging abilities.
- Deceiving Image (Su): Corunians are capable of creating a single image, often used to communicate or deceive other races, this effect replicate the major image spell. While talking through this image and not being in sight, a corunians gain a +4 circumstance bonus on bluff and diplomacy. Using this ability cost one bio-energy charge.
- Horrible Sound (Ex): Corunians in their natural form are incapable of speech, but are capable of emitting a terrible noise. The sound is very loud and unsettling, causing creatures within 30 feet of the corunian to take a -2 moral penalty on all attack rolls, damage rolls and skills rolls and a -6 penalty on listen check. Suppressing or resuming the noise is a free action.
- Master Shapeshifter: Corunians always have maximum ranks in the control shape skill.
- Natural Polygot (Su): Corunians are capable of understanding, read, write in and speak (telepathically or while in an alternate form capable of speech) every languages.
- Unexsitence (Su): Corunians are capable of become totally invisible and inaudible as if they were under the effect of a personal invisibility and silence (so no radius). Entering this state is a standard action and cost two bio-energy charges and one each round it is maintained. This state is immediately broken if the corunian move or attack.
- Automatic Languages:
- Bonus Languages:
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +2
- Effective Character Level: 3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|N/A years||N/A years||N/A years||+Unlimited years|
|Effective Character Level||3 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||2 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Dexterity +, +4 Constitution + and +4 Intelligence +|
|Rated By||Eiji-kun +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Subtype||Shapechanger, Xenotheric +|
|Summary||Aliens from an unknown world, corunians are eldritch abomination capable of sifting into humanoid shapes. +|