Dajiblex (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The Dajiblex Race are strange being made of 'solid smoke', sharing quite a few traits with oozes and similar creatures. They were created when a cult of Demonbinder attempted to bind a newly born demon lord in the form of smoke. They were partly successful but the creature would not be controlled and started rampaging across the material. When it was finally defeated, it was split into a million pieces. It was the end of this tale for a few centuries.
However, over time, each pieces started gaining individuality and free will. These primal demonic smoke creatures became the forefathers of the modern Dajiblex. While they were powerful, they were unable to have proper bodies. As a result many of them split themselves even further, creating an entire new race by 'solidifying' themselves into the material plane. The race of the Dajiblex reproduce in a similar asexual manners, and much like their forefather doing so 'kill' them.
Dajiblexes are humanoid creatures in their base form, usually looking like humans made of opaque "goo". Their skin color range from pink to dark blue, with many potential colors in-between. They are able to grow hairs, although it is very smoky in appearance and usually their hair color is close to their skin color by a few shades. Because of their origin and ooze-like trait, their body shapes vary a lot and while most members exhibit typical genders many also appear completely genderless. Dajiblexes are not consciously capable of manipulating their body shape and take somewhat exaggerated appearance. Some Dajiblexes can be mistaken for tieflings while other are truly inhuman, missing their nose, ears and several other defining humanoid features.
As a race they are still tainted by the evil of their origin, even today many of them are both chaotic and evil. However while the majority of them are chaotic, a large number of them are both good and neutral. Still they possess many of the ability assigned to the demon lord, capable of absorbing blows with ease, supernatural flight and the ability to regenerate from almost any wounds unless completely obliterated.
- +2 to any attribute, +2 to any attribute: Dajiblex are extremely flexible, both literally and figuratively.
- Outsider (Evil): Dajiblex are the creation of demon and thus inherently tainted by evil.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a dajiblex has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Dajiblex base land speed is 40 feet. They also possess a supernatural fly speed of 20 feet with perfect maneuverability.
- Darkvision: A dajiblex can see in the dark up to 60 ft. feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a dajiblex can function just fine with no light at all.
- Racial Hit Dice: A dajiblex begins with three levels of outsider, which provide 3d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +3, and Will +3.
- Racial Skills:: A dajiblex's outsider levels give it skill points equal to 7 x (8 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are bluff, diplomacy, disguise, forgery, gather information, intimidate, Knowledge (nobility), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), listen, sense motive, speak language and spot.
- Racial Feats: A dajiblex’s outsider levels give it two feats.
- Immortal Cells: A gain Forced Regeneration, Regenerative Cells and Undying Cells as bonus feats even if they do not meet the prerequisites.
- Partial Ooze Trait (Ex): A dajiblex's solid smoke body possess ooze-like traits, making them immune to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning as well as granting them 50% Fortification. They can also squeeze through tight spaces much like ooze, do not have blood or bones and do not to breath (but still need to eat and sleep).
- Shock Resistant (Ex): The dajiblex’s body is both extremely flexible and resistant, granting her DR/Piercing or Slashing equal to 3 + half her character level. This DR double against falling damage.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Abyssal
- Bonus Languages: Any Non-Secret
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 3
|Effective Character Level||3 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Any Attribute +|
|Summary||The product of demonbinding, these creatures are demonic "imp" made of solid smoke. +|