Dwarf Faerie (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Dwarf Faeries are really small winged fey with some minor magical powers. Dwarf in this case refer solely to their size, being smaller than most sprites rather than the race.
Dwarf fairies are very stereotypical fey, they are slightly aloof tricksters who are prone to pride and delusion of grandeur. They can be extremely joyous and friendly but possess way more wrath than what should be contained in their minuscule bodies.
Dwarf fairies are averaging 7.5 inches in height and typically weight around 1/2 to 3/4 lbs. Close they look like pretty diminutive humans with slender bodies and two pairs of somewhat long wings, averaging 1.5 feet wingspan for the longest and 0.75 feet for the shortest. Dwarf fairies naturally glow a variety of colors, which despite their size can make stealth difficult. At a long enough distance a dwarf fairy look like a floating ball of light and are often mistaken for the much deadlier will'o wisp.
Dwarf Fairies are fey. That should tell you everything.
Dwarf faerie heavily tend toward chaotic alignment and tend slightly toward good alignment.
Being fey, dwarf faerie rarely claim land of their own. They do however prefer to live in temperate woodlands where hiding places are plenty with good access to bodies of water.
Very rarely a dwarf faerie will openly worship a deity. They do however pay respect to many deity of nature as well as patron deities of fey in general.
Despite being able to speak sylvan, dwarf fairies prefer to speak tinkertongue.
Dwarf faerie are not named at birth, instead they take whatever name they damn please. Any real name they have would be in tinkertongue and thus impossible to write or speak.
- -6 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Dwarf faeries are extremely small and frail, this make them very physically weak. However they possess relative agility and are instinctive and charismatic
- Fey: Dwarf Fairie are definitely fey in nature and countenance.
- Diminutive: As a Diminutive creature, a dwarf faerie gains a +4 size bonus to Armor Class, a +4 size bonus on attack rolls, a –12 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +12 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are one-quarter of those of a Medium character. Furthermore, as a diminutive creature, a dwarf faerie has a default space of 1 foot and 0 feet of reach.
- Dwarf Faerie base land speed is 20 feet feet. Dwarf faerie possess an hover speed of 20 feet with a good maneuverability, unlike a normal hover speed they may hover up to 10 feet in the air. This eventually become a fly speed (see fey wings below).
- Low-Light Vision: A dwarf faerie can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Awkward Build (Ex): Because of their long wings, humanoid body and other traits a dwarf fairy count as one category larger whenever doing so would be disadvantageous.
- Easily Distracted (Ex): A dwarf fairy is extremely easy to distract, taking a -8 penalty on all saving throws against effect that would make her fascinated. On the other hand they do not tend to really listen to what people say, gaining a +4 bonus on all saving throw against all [language-dependent] effects.
- Fey Wings: A dwarf fairy possess two pairs of large (for it size) insectile wings, they grant the dwarf fairy an hover speed (as seen above). Her fey wings also allow her to move half of her speed in any direction in the air as a move action as if flying, however at the end of her turn if she is not on a stable horizontal surface, grabbing to an object or hovering at the normal distance she is allowed to she will fall as normal. When a dwarf fairy reach ECL 6 her hover speed increase to a fly speed of 20 feet (good).
- Luminous Body (Ex): A dwarf fairy's body is partially made out of light, at a distance they look tiny balls of light. They radiate light as the light spell of the color of their wish, they may dim themselves (although always radiating a bit of light) or change the color they glow as a move action. While fully glowing they take a -8 penalty to hide, even while fully dim they still take a -2 penalty to hide.
- Healing Spirit (Su): A dwarf faerie gain hand of life as a paladin of their character level, stacking with the actual ability. Additionally they may spend two charge to bring back a creature who died within the last round to -9 hit point and stable.
- Magical Nature (Sp): dwarf fairies have innate magical talents, they may use the following spells as spell like abilities: At will- dancing light, prestidigitation, speak with animals 3/day- ghost sound, ventriloquism 1/day- charm monster (humanoid, giants and monstrous humanoid only)
- Tinkertongue (Su): Dwarf Fairy can communicate in "Tinkertongue", a language which is impossible to translate and simple sounds like musical instruments and bells. A dwarf faerie can have one or more creatures listening be able to understand what she is saying, thereby insuring privacy in what is being said (though not the act of speaking). Changing who can understand tinkertongue is a free action on her turn.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||0' 8"||+0||3/4 lb.||× (0) lb.|
|Female||0' 7"||+0||3/4 lb.||× (0) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||1 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-6 Strength +, +2 Dexterity +, -2 Constitution +, +2 Wisdom + and +2 Charisma +|
|Summary||Dwarf Faeries are really small winged fey with some minor magical powers. +|
|Title||Dwarf Faerie +|