Elf, Ur'Bosan (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The Elves from Ur'Bos.
Ur'Bosan elves feel emotion far more intensely than most other races, and are not shy about expressing their thoughts. Due to a long history of being conquered and enslaved, they tend to be slightly paranoid, nervous, and xenophobic. They form intense bonds with those they feel close to.
Ur'Bosan elves are between 4'6" and 5' tall and weigh one eighth of what a human of a similar build would weigh. Their eyes are entirely black and quite sensitive to changes in light and are slightly canted. Hair color can be any color and can be changed on a day to day basis. They tend to have slender forms, and are incapable of putting on a significant amount of fat and any muscles they develop do not bulk up. Elvish lifespans are half that of a human's, though they do not suffer the normal effects of old age until the final two years of their life, pregnancies and childhood are similarly accellerated. Elvish skin is always smooth and can be any shade of a human's might be plus shades of gray. Elves do not have body hair. Ears are pointed, about an inch longer than a human's, and quite sensitive, not just to sound but to touch as well. Aside from the chest, a slightly deeper voice in males, and sex organs, there are no appreciable differences between male and female elves. Ur'Bosan elves seem to be completely free from birth defects and genetic disorders.
Ur'Bosan Elves are incredibly wary of Humans, Ogres, and Centaurs, having been enslaved at one point in history by each of them. They generally do not trust other races as a whole, though individuals may be accepted and made an Elf-friend. These individual are given the adulthood tattoo of that tribe, and bearing it will allow one to be treated as a member of that tribe by all Ur'Bosan Elves.
Ur'Bosan Elves tend toward the chaotic alignments. Elvish morality is a strange beast. Elves have been the underdogs in nearly every conflict they have been involved in, and this has lead to the mindset that any action that can be used to one's (or the tribe's) advantage, or increases the odds of survival, is morally good. As such, things like poison, surprise attacks, assassination, traps are not looked on with shame or loss of honor to them. Elves are opportunistic, skittish, and independent.
Elves believe strongly in the rights of an individual and personal freedom.
The vast majority of Ur'Bosan elves live in the Mu'kree Forest Region to the south of the City of Ur. Here they live in tribal clans, confident in their mobility and sensory advantage over attackers. Most tribes of elves are nomadic, and there is only one elvish city, the City of Mu.
Elvish tribes are ruled by the tribal elders, but the highest ranked individual in a tribe is the Hunt Leader, the elf chosen as the greatest hunter.
Elvish morality is a strange beast. Elves have been the underdogs in nearly every conflict they have been involved in, and this has lead to the mindset that any action that can be used to one's (or the tribe's) advantage, or increases the odds of survival, is morally good. As such, things like poison, surprise attacks, assassination, traps are not looked on with shame or loss of honor to them. Elves are opportunistic, skittish, and independent.
Elf culture is firmly rooted in the idea that the tribe is more important than any individual in it, and much of their seemingly suicidal actions can be attributed to this fact. This might seem cold and like the result of brainwashing by the elders, but given how strongly elves feel emotion, and the fact that incest and polyamory are not considered taboo among them, this is not a surprise. Elvish family trees could more accurately be called a ball many string, all of which are tangled, and need not obey the laws of geometry. Only the closest most direct relation is used by the elves. As Elves do not suffer from any genetic disease or birth defects, they never developed an aversion to incest as the results of inbreeding for elves is absolutely nothing. This immunity to genetic diseases and birth defects is inherited by any with elvish blood, upto two generations away from the last pure elf.
All Ur'Bosan Elves follow a basic set of laws and customs known as Ara'Mu'kree (literally the Truth/Law of Elf Home)
Ur'Bosan Elves do not formally worship any gods, but have a long standing tradition of superstitions and Animism. Traditions regarding the treatment of the dead vary from tribe to tribe, the most common traditions regarding corpses are cremation, burying the body, and reanimation as an undead guardian.
Elves speak elvish.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength
- Humanoid (Elf)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, an ur'bosan elf has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Ur'Bosan Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: An ur'bosan elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Lightweight (Ex): Ur'Bosan elves are incredibly light for their size. They may use their Dexterity modifier in place of Strength for Climb, Jump, and Swim checks. Whenever an elf subject to a size modifier, special size modifier, or for the effects of wind, they are treated as one size smaller if doing so is disadvantageous to them (except grapple checks). The distance they can jump with a jump check is eight times farther than for creatures of normal weight. When falling, they take 1d4 points of damage per 20 feet fallen (max 10d4).
- Keen Instincts: +2 Racial bonus on Search, Search, Spot, and Survival checks. The distance modifiers for Spot and Listen checks and DCs are per 20ft of distance, not 10ft. These skills are always class skills for the elf.
- Strong Emotions: A creature with this ability cannot become immune to mind-affecting or emotional (fear, rage, despair, etc...) effects and take a -2 penalty on saves against them. Any morale bonuses or penalties are 2 points greater for them.
- Elvish Endurance (Ex): Ur'Bosan Elves have Codex Endurance as a bonus feat with all the special benefits options. Whenever they would be required to make Constitution check the feat provides a bonus on, they may make a Fortitude saving throw instead. They are immune to genetic birth defects and are always under the effects of an extraordinary Love Ward spell that does not prevent pregnancy.
- All the Colors of the Rainbow (Sp): You may use Colorize as a spell-like ability at will. This effect has a duration of instantaneous, may only target the user (range becomes personal), takes 15 minutes regardless of how many colors you change, and requires no material component. They typically use this on their hair and are unable to change their eye color.
- Weak Point (Ears): Ur'Bosan Elf ears are incredibly sensitive and are full of nerve ending. Their ears can be targeted with attacks at a -8 penalty to hit (use elf's AC), and if hit they must make a Fortitude save (DC = 15 + damage rolled) or be dazed for 1 round. If they fail the save by 6 or more they are stunned for 1 round instead. If their ears are grappled (size bonuses do not apply), they are pinned for as long as their ears remain grappled. They take a -2 penalty on saves vs being deafened, and take 50% more sonic damage.
- Nomadic Hunter Gatherers (Ex): You gain the benefits of the Outdoorsman feat using your HD + 3 as your skill ranks.
- Automatic Languages: Elven, Elvish Sign Language
- Bonus Languages: Any except for secret languages.
- Favored Class: Shinobi or Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|8 years||+1d4||+1d6||+2d4 + 1|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||55 years||60 years||+1d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 5"||+1d6 inches||10 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+1d6 inches||10 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Shinobi + and Ranger +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Dexterity + and -2 Strength +|
|Summary||The Elves from Ur'Bos. +|
|Title||Elf, Ur'Bosan +|