Exploit Fighter (3.5e Class)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A version of the fighter using my exploits rule. 20 0 Good
Poor Good Other Full
Wielding the power of exploits, the fighter is ready for a come back.
Making a Exploit Fighter
For the most part, you build an exploit fighter the same way you would build any fighter. You just also need to choose your exploits.
Abilities: In addition to the normal fighter, a good Con will boost the save DC of your exploits.
Races: As the standard fighter.
Starting Gold: As the standard fighter.
|Saving Throws||Special||Exploits Known||Max Exploit Level|
|5th||+5||+4||+1||+4||Blood, Sweat and Tears +1||6||3|
|7th||+7/+2||+5||+2||+5||Blood, Sweat and Tears +2||8||4|
|9th||+9/+4||+6||+3||+6||Blood, Sweat and Tears +3||10||5|
|13th||+13/+8/+3||+8||+4||+8||Blood, Sweat and Tears +4||14||7|
|15th||+15/+10/+5||+9||+5||+9||Blood, Sweat and Tears +5||16||8|
|19th||+19/+14/+9/+4||+11||+6||+11||Blood, Sweat and Tears +6||20||9|
All of the following are class features of the Exploit Fighter.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An exploit fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields).
Bonus Feats: At 1st level, an exploit fighter gets a bonus combat-oriented feat in addition to the feat that any 1st-level character gets and the bonus feat granted to a human character. The exploit fighter gains an additional bonus feat at 2nd level and every two exploit fighter levels thereafter (4th, 6th, 8th, ect). These bonus feats must be drawn from the feats noted as fighter bonus feats. An exploit fighter must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.
These bonus feats are in addition to the feat that a character of any class gets from advancing levels. An exploit fighter is not limited to the list of fighter bonus feats when choosing these feats.
Exploits: Exploit fighters have a lot of tricks they can use. These tricks are called exploits. At first level, a fighter can have 2 exploits known. This amount increases every level after that, up to 21 at level 20. When the fighter levels up, they instantly choose their new exploit known.
At first level, the fighter can only have level 1 exploits known. At level 3, they gain access to level 2 exploits. This increases every odd numbered level, up to level 9 exploits at level 17. They may choose any exploit from the exploit fighter exploit list (shown later).
Re-focus (Ex): Starting at level 3, the exploit fighter can change their focus rather swiftly. By practicing for 1 day, the exploit fighter can re-choose all of their fighter bonus feats and exploits known. They may switch to any feats or exploits they qualify for now, regardless of if they qualified for it when they got the feat or exploit slot. Feats changed via this can be used to qualify for other feats in the same re-focus.
Blood, Sweat and Tears (Ex): An exploit fighter doesn't need magic within their weapons. Starting at level 5, all weapons and armor the exploit fighter uses or equips are treated as magic while being used by the exploit fighter, and have a +1 enhancement bonus. All weapons that receive this benefit also have the exploit fighters alignments for the purposes of DR.
Stronger exploit fighters draw even more power from their weapons and armor. At level 7, the enhancement bonus increases to +2. At level 9, the enhancement bonus increases again to +3. At level 13, the enhancement bonus increases once more to +4. At level 15, the enhancement bonus increases yet again to +5. At level 19, the enhancement bonus increases a final time to +6.
If a weapon/armor being used has an enhancement bonus, use the higher bonus. Any magic properties of weapons/armor still work normally.
Careful Strike (Ex): Exploit fighters can make their attacks carefully. Starting at level 11, exploit fighters no longer automatically miss attack rolls on a natural 1. Instead, a natural 1 imposes a -5 penalty on the attack roll.
Endless Master (Ex): The greatest of heroes never fade. Starting at level 17, exploit fighters become immune to aging, becoming ageless. As a result, they no longer take penalties to their ability scores for aging, nor do they gain bonuses (any penalties/bonuses previously obtained remain). They do not die of old age.
Exploit Fighter Exploit List
- Razor Wind (Trivial): Make a melee attack from up to 10 feet/level away.
- Arrow Sieve (Trivial): Make a single ranged attack on two targets, using the weaker of their AC. If it hits, both take the damage.
- Swiftfoot (Active): +30 ft. land speed for 1 minute/level.
- Thickskinned (Active): +4 AC for 1 hour/level.
- Shake Hearts (Active): Target within 40 feet is frightened, if your level is greater than their hit dice (Will save reduces it to shaken).
- Needless (Passive): Do not need food/water. Only need 2 hours sleep.
- Lightfall (Passive): All falling damage is cut in half.
- Seeing Eyes (Passive): Endless detect magic, as the spell.
- Boost (Trivial): Target within 30 feet gets +1 on attack rolls and saves for 1 minute/level.
- Endure (Active): Gain temporary hp equal to twice your level for 1 minute.
- Headshaker (Active): Make an attack. This attack deals Int, Wis, and Cha damage equal to a third of your level (round down), instead of normal damage (Fort save negates the damage).
- Force Surge (Active): You get +4 untyped bonus to Strength or Dexterity for 1 minute/level.
- Wise Man (Passive): See invisible creatures or objects.
- Combat Eyes (Passive): Know the HD and BAB of those you can see.
- Hammerspace (Passive): Carry up to 3 lbs/level in hammerspace. Draw items from hammerspace as a move action.
- Cleave Magic (Trivial): Dispel magic, as the spell.
- Flying Leap (Active): Gain a 50 foot jump speed for 1 minute/level.
- Assist (Active): Target within 30 feet gets +2 bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks for 1 minute/level.
- Commander (Active): Suggestion, as the spell.
- Well Prepared (Passive): Can buy and carry up to 50 gp of undefined non-magical stuff, and choose what it is later.
- Ranged Threat (Passive): If you have a ranged weapon ready, you threaten all spaces within 30 feet.
- Durable (Passive): Gain DR 2/-.
- Restore (Trivial): Target you touch heals 4d8. Takes 1 minute to activate.
- Dimension Slash (Active): Teleport up to 10 feet/level as a move action.
- Crush Hopes (Active): Crushing despair, as the spell.
- Planar Guard (Active): Make an attack. If the target is and extraplanar creature, it is forced to its native plane if the attack hits.
- Blood Purge (Passive): You are immune to poisons/diseases.
- Pure Force (Passive): You get a +2 Enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity. This stacks with Endless Force.
- Double Strike (Trivial): Make two attacks at the same target. Takes a move action to activate.
- Spin Strike (Active): Make a single melee attack on all adjacent targets, using the weakest AC of the bunch. If it hits, all take the damage.
- Warp Slash (Active): Teleport up to 100 miles/level, with up to 3 others. Full-round action.
- Calling Slash (Active): Summon monster V, as the spell. Full-round action.
- Endless Load (Passive): Never run out of non-magical ammunition.
- Great Leap (Passive): Gain a 30 foot jump speed.
- Rally (Trivial): You and all allies within 30 feet get +2 bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks for 3 rounds.
- Live On (Active): Heal yourself 30 hit points. You may use this while dead, if you died within the last hour (this use does bring you back from the dead).
- Pure Gaze (Active): True seeing, as the spell.
- Protection (Passive): You get a +6 bonus to all saving throws.
- Inner Reserves (Passive): You do not need to breathe.
- Knockback (Trivial): Make a melee attack. If it hits, your target is pushed back up to 5 feet/level (the exact distance is up to you).
- Planar Slash (Active): Plane shift, as the spell. Full-round action.
- Stop Magic (Active): Antimagic field, as the spell. The duration is reduced to 5 rounds/level.
- Untouchable (Passive): You gain the benefit of a 10% miss chance.
- Omniglot (Passive): You can speak/understand/read/write all languages.
- Second Wind (Active): Heal up to your max hp. Gain temporary hp equal to your max hp for 1 minute.
- Slayer (Active): Attack you make kills your target (Fort to avoid).
- Endless Force (Passive): You get a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution. This stacks with Pure Force.
- Locked Mind (Passive): Endless mind blank, as the spell.
- Rift Slash (Active): Gate, as the spell.
- Master of All (Active): You can use your active exploits of level 5 or lower without using up daily uses for 1 minute.
- Constant Vigilance (Passive): Endless foresight, as the spell.
- Endless Life (Passive): You gain fast healing 3.
|Article Balance||Very High +|
|Base Attack Bonus Progression||Good +|
|Class Ability||Other +|
|Class Ability Progression||Full +|
|Fortitude Save Progression||Good +|
|Identifier||3.5e Class +|
|Minimum Level||0 +|
|Reflex Save Progression||Poor +|
|Skill||Climb +, Craft +, Handle Animal +, Intimidate +, Jump +, Listen +, Ride +, Spot +, Swim + and Tumble +|
|Skill Points||4 +|
|Summary||A version of the fighter using my exploits rule. +|
|Title||Exploit Fighter +|
|Will Save Progression||Good +|