Freyinsar (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Freyinsars are a specie of civilized giants, they live in cities and prefer the comfort of civilization over the struggles of nature other giants live in. They are notably intelligent and much more tempered than most other giants, however civilization weakened their physical form a little bit.
Being giants one would imagine freyinsars to be violent and destructive and to a certain extend they are capable of being so. However freyinsars are civilized and thus prefer not to rely on violence and prefer talking or thinking out their problems. Thus freyinsars are actually very varied in personality, much like humans but tend to be more thoughtful and tricky.
The freyinsars are extremely tall humanoid, standing over 8 feet tall. However they do not have the savage unwashed appearance of most giants, instead they tend to look similar to humans. The average member of the race will be typically slender, well-groomed and quite attractive. However freyinsars have very varied appearance, with skin color ranging from white, brown to ice blue and hairs coming in in all colors and shades. While most freyinsars are slender city dwellers their warriors tend to be only slightly less bulky than other giants, looking more like warriors depicted on greek statues than the wild barbarian most other giant warrios look like.
Freyinsars have relatively good relation with both humanoid race and giant races and often serve as intermediaries. While not warmongers, freyinsars can and will come into conflict eventually, especially with races like orcs or groups of conquering giants from other races.
While hailing from cities, freyinsars have no natural inclination to any particular alignment. They tend not to be of any extremes however, possessing a tempered attitude.
There a lot of place you can build a city, freyinsars fully take advantage of that fact. They are well spread all around the world, either building city states of their own and living in other's cities. They are usually welcome, being both physically imposing and having great mental capacities.
Freyinsars do not tend to worship a particular deity, instead each individual freyinsar typically find his or her way.
Freyinsars speak a highly advanced version of the giant language called high giant.
Freyinsars have a strange naming convention, they often mix common name (usually human names with giant elements. There is no particularly common name given most parents attempt to be as original as possible.
- +2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence or +4 Wisdom or +4 Charisma: While the Freyinsar are very tall they do not possess the savage might most other giants do, however they have very potent minds.
- Giant: Freyinsar are giants.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a freyinsar has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Freyinsar base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A freyinsar can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Freyinsar start with one bonus feat at 1st level, she must still meet the prerequisite for this feat.
- Civilized: Freyinsar are highly civilized, they gain a +2 bonus on craft, diplomacy, knowledge (architecture) and knowledge (nobility). These skills are always class skill for a Freyinsar.
- Powerful Build (Ex): The physical stature of freyinsars lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a freyinsars is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the freyinsars is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A freyinsars is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A freyinsar can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Automatic Languages: High giant, giant
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||250 years||400 years||+None years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||7’ 4”||+2d12||260 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||7’ 2”||+2d12||240 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||1 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Constitution + and +4 Intelligence or +4 Wisdom or +4 Charisma +|
|Summary||Freyinsars are a specie of civilized giants, they live in cities and prefer the comfort of civilization over the struggles of nature other giants live in. +|