Goblin, Fey (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Fey goblins are as varied as the tales about them. These creatures are small in stature and have been known to be malicious, covetous, impish, puckish and all sorts of other unflattering descriptions by those they end up in trouble with. Just as many are known to be peaceful, benevolent, cowardly, tricky and protective. They're often thought to live in crags and nooks since their homes are often well hidden and out of the way. Some seek out interactions with other folk and they (on occasion) get into tangles with adventurous children out exploring without proper supervision.
As a variety of the fair folk, they range the gamut of looks, from green skinned with large ears to hairy, grotesque wide-eyed creatures with sharp nails. "Goblette" may be used to describe female fey goblins.
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma: They're nimble and social, but not particularly strong.
- Fey (Augmented Humanoid, Goblin): A fey goblin is subject to effects and abilities as a humanoid as well as a fey.
- Small: As a Small creature, a fey goblin gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Fey Goblin base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A fey goblin can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Fey Boon (Su): As an immediate action, a fey goblin can grant a boon to a creature within 30 feet. Within 1 round, when that creature rolls a saving throw, it may either use the fey goblin's modifier or gain a +1 Luck bonus to the roll.
- Fey Trickiness (Su): A fey goblin gains the use of prestidigitation at will as a supernatural ability.
- Versatile Spell-like Ability (Sp): Each fey goblin gains a single use of a 1st level spell each day from either the cleric, druid or sorcerer/wizard spell lists. They can change this chosen spell each day with 15 minutes of meditation. The spell's caster level is equal to its HD total and the save DCs are Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Goblin, Sylvan
- Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 10"||+2d4||50 lb.||× (2d2) lb.|
|Female||3' 10"||+2d4||50 lb.||× (2d2) lb.|
|Author||Ganteka Future +|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Strength +, +2 Dexterity + and +2 Charisma +|
|Subtype||Augmented Humanoid, Goblin +|
|Summary||The mischievous knaves of the wilds. +|
|Title||Goblin, Fey +|