Half-Hobgoblin (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Hobgoblins, in general, are not a pleasant people. They fight, they eat, they war, and they capture. Sometimes they capture slaves for themselves. From the inevitable coupling of a hobgoblin who has earned himself enough status and his slave births the half-hobgoblin.
Half-humans of this sort usually stand proudly at about the same height as a tall human, and shorter than an average hobgoblin, which to their rigid society means a lot. They are bulky and low of excess fat. Their jawline is less pronounced than the purebloods of their kin, and they have much thinner fur.
Given the strict nature of hobgoblins in general, half-hobgoblins tend to be on the outskirts of their society, rejected if not simply killed outright by their kin. This may mean that they try their hardest to fit in and exemplify what they can in hobgoblin society, or that they may resent them for treating them so poorly.
Hobgoblins raised by humans are treated in the same way, usually, because they are seen as a threat, or unnatural. The effect this may have on the half-hobgoblin varies greatly, depending on the society it occurs in.
Hobgoblins that try to overcome their differences from their pureblood kin are usually Lawful Evil to best fit in, while those that rebel and flee can gravitate towards Chaotic Good to be as opposed as possible to the society they came from.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom: The human blood mixes with the hobgoblin blood in strange ways, causing them to be slow of mind, and slow of body.
- Humanoid (Goblinoid): For all effects related to race, a half-hobgoblin is considered a hobgoblin.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, half-hobgoblins gain no bonuses or penalties based on size.
- Half-hobgoblin base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A 60 can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a Half-Hobgoblin can function just fine with no light at all.
- Hobgoblin Toughness: Half-hobgoblins gain +3 hit points.
- Hobgoblin Reflexes: Half-hobgoblins get +1 on all Reflex saving throws.
- +2 racial bonus on Move Silently checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin.
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Infernal, Giant, Orc.
- Favored Class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Fighter +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Constitution + and -2 Wisdom +|
|Rated By||Ganteka Future +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Half human and half hobgoblin. +|