The dragonblooded harpies of Mitah are territorial hunters known for their bravery and fierceness. Much like white-tailed harpies, mitahnese harpies are smaller and more humanoid than most. Their human body resembles a typical mitahnese human, except with wings instead of arms and talons instead of feet. They tend to have red-orange eyes, unlike the mitahnese human’s golden eyes. Their plumage tends to be bright red and black and they are often said to be looking like crows. Their legs have small feathers on them and are a little crooked, making them awkward on land.
They do not prey on humanoid unless starving, instead preferring mountain serow and livestock as their main course. This often leads them to conflict with nearby humans, as the harpies will quickly target underprotected herds for an easy meal. Mitahnese harpies are known to be boastful, prideful and very territorial.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma: Mitahnese harpies are hardy and have strong personalities, but their stubbornness hinders their education and makes them prone to foolish behavior.
- Humanoid (Dragonblooded): Mitahnese harpies pay the non-humanoid cost for fitted armor. They have wings in place of arms and their feet from clawed hands. They can wear magical rings and bracers on their feet and legs. Magical gloves and boots occupy the same slot.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a mitahnese harpies has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Mitahnese harpies base land speed is 20 feet. Mitahnese harpies have a limited fly speed (see Wings).
- Low-Light Vision: A mitahnese harpies can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Dragon Feathers (Ex): A mitahnese harpies have tough menacing plumage, granting them a +2 bonus on Intimidate check and a +1 bonus to their natural armor. As a full-round action a mitahnese harpy may attempt an Intimidate check to demoralize opponents against all opponents within 20 feet.
- Gliding (Ex): Mitahnese harpies can use their wings to glide. A harpy can still glide or fly while encumbered, but her speed is reduced. She descends 1 foot for every 5 feet of horizontal distance traveled. If a harpy becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair and begins falling, her wings unfurl and hold in their gliding position. The harpy descends in a fluttering spiral and takes only 1d6 falling damage, no matter the actual falling distance.
- Fearless Demeanor (Ex): Mitahnese harpies are immune to the frightful presence ability and creatures larger than them do not gain a bonus on Intimidate checks against them.
- Sharp Talons (Ex): A mitahnese harpy has a pair of talons that she can use as well as hands for the purpose of manipulating objects, but cannot wield weapons in them. She may uses her talons as a two-handed Feral Strike, dealing 2d4 piercing and slashing damages with a 19-20/x2 critical threat. When she delivers precision damage (such as sneak attack) with her talons, a mitahnese harpy deals an additional amount of damage equal to her character level. A mitahnese harpy may use her talons ina grapple as if they were light weapons.
- Wings (Ex): A mitahnese harpy lacks proper arms, instead having a pair of wings where her arms would be. A mitahnese harpy possesses flight, allowing her to fly at a speed of 40 ft. with poor maneuverability. She can fly for 1 consecutive round +1 additional round per point of Constitution bonus she has, after which she must rest for 2 rounds for each round of flight. Since their flight is unstable, a mitahnese harpy takes a -4 penalty on all ranged attacks while flying. At 6 HDs she can fly indefinitely and no longer take a penalty on ranged attack while flying.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Table: Mitahnese Harpy Random Starting Ages
| 15 years
Table: Mitahnese Harpy Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 40 years
|| 63 years
|| 90 years
|| +4d20 years
Table: Mitahnese Harpy Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 4’ 10”
|| 120 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
|| 4’ 5”
|| 85 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races
Leziad's Homebrew (4052 Articles)