Hellkin (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Hellkins are the artificial creation of devils, usually created using tormented human souls and a vessel of some sort. They act as the agents of powerful devils and archdevils on the material plane, usually as muscle and representatives. Although some hellkins manage to escape servitude and strike a life for themselves.
A hellkin character can consider taking levels in hellkin paragon.
The overwhelming majority of hellkins are mischievous and sadistic, they typically enjoy causing pain and fooling mortals. Some hellkins are of gentler or more scheming nature, but they are fairly rare. Hellkins demeanor is overall very impish and they relish in trickery and deceit.
Hellkins are about of average human in height and weight, they tend to have red skin of varying shades. Hellkins have small horns on their head and tend to be bald, although not all of them are. Hellkin have a long and fine tail which is not useful for anything really.
Existing as agents for devils, hellkins typically have poor relation with all races not friendly with devils, doubly so for goodd-aligned races. Hellkins however find plenty of positive relation with evil races and cults within good and neutral races.
Hellkins are almost always evil and usually lawful, although they are a few hellkins with more chaotic behavior it is not encouraged by their devil masters.
Hellkins have no lands of their own, additionally they tend not to be welcomed in most lands.
While most hellkins reject the Gods and religion itself, many worship Asmodeus and rarely other Archdevils. If anything out of fear and respect (and a good dose of boot-licking).
Hellkins speak both common and infernal, although many learn
Hellkins tend to have a variety of name typical for devils.
- +2 to any attribute: Hellkins are extremely versatile.
- Outsider (Evil, Native): Hellkin are heavily tainted by the blood of devils and thus share most of their traits.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a hellkin has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Hellkin base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A hellkin can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a hellkin can function just fine with no light at all.
- Hellkin receive occult resistance as a bonus feat at 1st level.
- Racial Hit Dice: A hellkin begins with two levels of outsider, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +3, and Will +3.
- Racial Skills: A hellkin’s outsider levels give it skill points equal to 6 x (8 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are bluff, diplomacy, disguise, forgery, gather information, intimidate, Knowledge (nobility), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), listen, sense motive, speak language and spot.
- Racial Feats: A hellkin’s outsider levels give it one feat.
- Ancestry: Hellkins have the ancestry of devils and thus share many of the traits. At first a hellkin is immune to poison and has resistance to fire equal to twice her character level.
- At 4 HD she gain resistance to acid and cold equal to her character level.
- At 8 HD she gain immunity fire.
- At 12 HD she gain telepathy out of 100 feet.
- Brimstone Breath (Su): A hellkin possess a breath weapon usable every 1d4 round, the hellkin's breath weapon is identical to an uncapped devilish spew spell with a caster level equal to her character level and it deal hellfire damage.
- Hellfire Touch (Su): Hellkin deal 1d6 additional hellfire damage with each of their melee attacks. Additionally hellkin may use produce flame at will, the flame deal hellfire damage.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Infernal
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|— years||— years||— years||+— years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Any Attribute +|
|Rated By||Eiji-kun +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Subtype||Evil, Native +|
|Summary||Hellkins are spawn of devil lineage, they are essentially the stereotypical red devil. +|