Human, Kanatian (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
This race is balanced around Pathfinder Humans, not SRD Humans and the idea that feats are worth a lot.
The Kanatian are humans with minor inherent telepathic abilities which allow them to affect and eventually bond with insects.
The land of kana is an impressive landscape filled with insects of various sizes and shapes, usually noted for its proximity to the land of keumea. It is a mostly temperate land mostly covered in forest, plains and great lakes but with a frozen tundra to it south and a blistering desert to it north.
While wondrous insects make most of the fauna, the kanatian have adapted well to their homeland. The kanatian humans are in shape and appearance extremely similar to humans, with their own varied ethnicity. Perhaps because of keumean ancestry or some other mutation, kanatian possesses inherent telepathic abilities. These abilities are too weak to affect humanoids (unless practiced by taking levels in a psionic or psychic classes) but are able to affect the insects around them.
The kanatia have a culture of honor and competition, with insect battling being a time-honored trial and sport. It is custom for young adult kanatian to wander into the wild and form a bond with an insect companion of their own as a ritual of adulthood. Some even dedicate themselves to battling in an arena, eventually seeking to become champions among their people. As a people they value honor, sportsmanship and the desire to protect those weaker than oneself.
- +2 to any attribute: Kanatian humans are versatile and can be adept at many walks of life.
- Humanoid (Human, Psionic): Kanatian humans are human with minor telepathic abilities.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a kanatian humans has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Kanatian Humans base land speed is 30 feet.
- A kanatian human gains an extra skill point per level, these skill points are multiplied at 1st level as normal.
- Insectile Bond (Ex): A kanatian human is capable of forming a telepathic bond with one of the insect of her homeland. They effectively gain a insect or spider familiar as wizard whose effective class level is equal to their half character level (minimum 1st). This familiar cannot be augmented with Improved Familiar, however if they possess a class which grant a familiar they count as 4 level higher (or their character level, whichever is higher) to determine the benefits of the familiar and they may take Improved Familiar. If the kanatian human has an Improved Familiar she add the Insectile TemplateSS to it for free. If a kanatian human insectile familiar dies she do not suffer any of the normal penalties. Instead after a week of mourning she may bind herself with another insect. Similarly she may release a companion and bind with another one after a week.
- If they gain an animal companion, eidolonPathfinder or similar companion they must choose an insectile or spidery creature (if none are available simply add the Insectile TemplateSS to a base creature) and Kanatian Human loses her familiar from this ability. That companion gain the benefits of being a familiar as wizard whose effective class level is equal to half the kanatian human character level (minimum 1st).
- Natural Telepath: A kanatian human gains +1 bonus on the DC of any telepathy discipline power or psi-like ability she manifest and any psychic enchantment spell or spell-like ability she casts.
- Naturally Psionic: Kanatian humans gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. If using pathfinder she instead gains access to occult skill unlock.
- Vermin Empathy (Ex): Because of their subtle telepathic link to insects, kanatian human have Wild Empathy as Druid. However it function for vermin instead of animals and all magical beast. She gain a +2 bonus on Charisma-based skill checks and sense motive checks when dealing with intelligent insecticide creatures.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Kana
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Any Attribute +|
|Subtype||Human, Psionic +|
|Summary||The Kanatian are humans with minor inherent telepathic abilities which allow them to affect and eventually bond with insects. +|
|Title||Human, Kanatian +|