Human, Prehistoric (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Prehistoric humans are now extinct (or mostly extinct) humans from the far past, they possess greater strength and fortitude than their modern counterpart but are less intelligent and versatile. This race is meant to encompass primitive and proto-human species such as the homo erectus, neanderthal to the cro-magnon man.
Prehistoric humans were humans and thus have similar personality variation as modern humans. They tended to be more pragmatic and utilitarian but many had artistic and inventive bents.
Prehistoric humans are very varied in appearance, from the tall and stocky neanderthal to the mostly modern looking Cro-Magnon man. Typically prehistoric humans have a generally heavy body with a strong musculature and harsher facial traits.
Prehistoric humans were seen with disdain by dwarves and elves, who saw them at the same level as orcs who themselves saw prehistoric human as rival.
Prehistoric humans were pretty diverse alignment wise, although their communal nature pushed the slight majority toward lawful alignment.
Prehistoric humans mostly inhabited the same land as human now inhabit.
Prehistoric humans worshipped the old deities of fertility, war and hunt.
Prehistoric humans spoke strange proto-common, if a prehistoric human was to be transported into modern time it would have a hard time communicating.
To be honest I have no idea.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence or -2 Charisma: Prehistoric humans are more physically capable than their modern counterpart, however they have a underdeveloped mind.
- Humanoid (Human)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a prehistoric human has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Prehistoric Human base land speed is 30 feet.
- Prehistoric human gain Endurance and Great Fortitude as bonus feats.
- Prehistoric human gain a +2 bonus on hide, listen, move silently, survival checks.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Climate Resistance (Ex): Prehistoric human receive a +2 bonus on saving throws made to resist the adverse effect of climate, weather and temperature. Additionally, prehistoric human receive energy resistance to fire and cold equal to 1+1/4th of their ECL, this source of energy resistance stack with other source of energy resistance.
- Primitive (Ex): Prehistoric human are primitive, they have do not know how to read or write and are capable of innately using 'primitive' weaponry. Prehistoric humans have barbarian's illiteracy no matter their class. Prehistoric human treat barbed bolas, blowgun, bolas, boomrang, greater blowgun, greatspear and net as martial weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Proto-Common
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||140 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength +, +2 Constitution + and -2 Intelligence or -2 Charisma +|
|Summary||Prehistoric humans are now extinct (or mostly extinct) humans from the far past, they possess greater strength and fortitude than their modern counterpart but are less intelligent and versatile. +|
|Title||Human, Prehistoric +|