Kakai (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Kakai are the spirits of humanoid incarnated in the body of carrion birds who fed on the corpse. It is said that many cultures practice sky burial, and that somtime the soul of a brave warrior is passed to the bird which delivered it spirits. Kakai are fearsome hunters, still possessing some of it skills as a great warrior but the body of a great bird. It is said that the personality of kakai are more feral version of their previous self, having merged with the mighty bird instead of completely overwriting it.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom: Kakai are strong, agile and possess keen senses.
- Magical Beast: Kakai are the spirits of humanoid incarnated in the body of carrion birds.
- Small: As a Small creature, a kakai gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Kakai base land speed is 10 feet. Kakai possess a fly speed of 80 feet (Average).
- Low-Light Vision: A kakai can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Yakai have a +8 racial bonus on Spot checks.
- A kakai start the game with a [Fighter] Bonus feat, it must be meet the prerequisites of the feat as normal.
- Natural Weapons: A Kakai possess two claws (1d6) and one bite attack (1d6).
- Powerful Build (Ex): The physical stature of kakai lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a kakai is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the kakai is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A kakai is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A kakai can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Racial Hit Dice: A kakai begins with two levels of Magical Beast, which provide 2d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +3, and Will +0.
- Racial Skill: A kakai’s Magical Beast levels give it skill points equal to 6 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Listen and Spot.
- Racial Feat: A kakai’s Magical Beast levels give it one feat.
- Automatic Languages: As Previous Race
- Bonus Languages: As Previous Race
- Favored Class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Fighter +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength +, +2 Dexterity + and +2 Wisdom +|
|Summary||Kakai are the spirits of humanoid incarnated in the body of carrion birds who fed on the corpse. +|
|Type||Magical Beast +|