Koopa (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Koopas are bald turtle like creatures from the Mario videogames. The creature before you stands slightly hunched due to the shell it wears, covering its entire torso. Its bald, reptilian, turtle-like head has a set of large, intelligent eyes set into it that try to seize you up. The beak-like mouth moves slowly as if the creature is mumbling, talking to itself. Its shoed feet tap lightly on the hard earthen floor to a rhythmic beat that you cannot hear. Then, suddenly, it retreats into its shell and begins to spin into a green whirlwind.
+2 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha
- +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
- Humanoid (Reptilian)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a Koopa has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Koopa base land speed is 20 feet: Koopas can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armour or carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Natural Armor: A Koopa has a +1 Natural Armor bonus.
- Shell Retreat (Ex): a Koopa has the ability to retreat back into its shell with its limbs and head for extra protection. They must drop everything they have in their hands when they do this, but their natural armor increases by +2 when this is done. The Koopa cannot move while using Shell Retreat as its legs are pulled in. However, the Koopa can spend a full-round action to start to spin. The turn after that they can move at 40 ft, but they can only move in a straight line for every move action they take. If they want to move in a different direction, they have to end their move action first. They can also make use of the run action while using Shell Retreat. If a Koopa uses the run action while using Shell Retreat they can move up to 160 ft in a straight line every turn (200 ft if they have the Run feat).
- Automatic Languages: Common, Auran [Koopa dialect]
- Bonus Languages: Aquan, Dwarven, Giant, Halfling, Undercommon, Terran.
- Favored Class: Scout
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Author||Morpholomew Bark +|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Scout +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength +, -2 Dexterity +, +2 Constitution +, +2 Intelligence +, -2 Wisdom + and -2 Charisma +|
|Rated By||Foxwarrior +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Koopas are bald turtle like creatures from the Mario videogames. +|