Lizardfolk - Gr7mm (5e Race)
|This is a Homebrew version. An official version is available in the publication Volo's Guide to Monsters|
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Their scales are normally dull, earthy colors such as green, brown, or gray. They have a tail for balance, although they've also been known to use it for bludgeoning in combat. Tails usually measure three to four feet (0.9 to 1.2m) long. Typical weight is between 200 and 250 pounds (90 and 113 kg). There are several species of lizardfolk however, and these can range from three-foot (0.9m) tall pygmies, to nine-foot (2.7m) tall giants.
Steeped in Tradition and Instinct
Lizardfolk society is primarily patriarchal, with the strongest member normally in charge. Shamans are typically counselors, and normally do not lead tribes. Wherever they make their home, survival is the main priority for any lizardfolk. Lizardfolk mostly worship the deity Semuanya, whose main agenda is the reproduction and survival of the species.
Habitats and Dwellings
Lizardfolk live in many different areas and climates. For the most part they prefer to stay in areas with plenty of water available to them, providing them with valuable hunting grounds.
- Ability Score Increase. Constitution +2
- Age. The average lifespan for the Lizardfolk races is around 80 years of age, though there are records of some Lizardfolk to live almost 500 years.
- Alignment. Lizardfolk usually keep to themselves, preferring any Chaotic or Neutral alignment.
- Size. Your size is Dependent on your subrace..
- Speed. Your base walking speed is dependent on your subrace. feet.
- Darkvision. Used to the dense cover of the jungle and the murky depths of bogs and swamps, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Hold Breath. You may hold your breath 4 times longer than normal before you begin suffocating.
- Sturdy Tail. You have the advantage on all Athletics skill checks made for swimming and Acrobatics skill checks made for balance.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Sylvan..
- Ability Score Increase: Wisdom +1
- Size. An argonian stands between 4½ feet to 6 feet tall. As an argonian your size is medium.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Natural Weapons - Claws. You are proficient with your unarmed strikes, which deal 1d4 slashing damage on a hit.
- Scaly Hide. Argonians are covered in a layer of scales. Your base armor class is equal to 12 + your Dexterity modifier. You can use your natural armor to determine your AC if the armor you wear would leave you with a lower AC. A shield's benefits apply as normal while you use your natural armor.
- Histskin. You may use a single recovery dice as a bonus action. You must finish a short rest before you can use this ability again. Additionally you regain one additional recovery dice at the end of each long rest. After completing a long rest, you may expend 2 hit die to regrow a lost limb.
- Swampborn Resilience. You have advantage on saves and checks against poisons, saves against the poisoned condition, and diseases. You have resistance to poison damage.
- Survival Instinct. You have proficiency in the Survival Skill.
Primal and strong, blackscale lizardfolk are at the top of the food chain being intelligent predators. Preferring to inhabit the bogs and the deadly jungles in tropical climates or icy wastes of the arctic regions, these dark-scaled lizardfolk are well adapted to their semi aquatic or frozen wastes lifestyles. They are notorious for fiercely guarding their territories, and swiftly waging war on anyone or anything that dare tamper with their hunting grounds.
- Ability Score Increase: Strength +1
- Size. With a massive structure built on a matching frame a Blackscale Lizardfolk stands between 4 feet and 7 feet tall with some measuring as long as 9 feet from nose to tail. Your average weight is about 300 pounds. Your size is medium.
- Speeds. Your base walking speed is 25 feet.
- Primal Stance. Your walking speed becomes 35 feet while you are on all fours. You may shift from prone to all fours as a bonus action. Dropping to all fours consumes no actions and standing from all fours consumes only 10 feet of movement.
- Natural Weapon - Bite. Your fanged maw is a natural weapon, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with it, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d6 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike. If you hit a creature with your bite attack on your turn, you can use a bonus action to attempt to grapple the target.
- Natural Weapon - Tail Slap. You are never unarmed. You are proficient with your tail, which is a melee weapon that deals 1d8 + Strength bludgeoning damage.
- Scaly Hide. You are covered in thick scales. Your base armor class is equal to 13 + your Dexterity modifier. You can use your natural armor to determine your AC if the armor you wear would leave you with a lower AC. A shield's benefits apply as normal while you use your natural armor.
- Powerful Build. You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
- Natural Athlete. You have proficiency in the Athletics skill.
- Ability Score Increase: Dexterity +1
- Size. Poisondusks stand tall at around 3'4" and weigh around 60 to 70 pounds on average. Your size is small.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Natural Weapon - Bite. You are proficient with your bite, which is a melee weapon that deals 1d4 piercing damage. You may use your dexterity or strength scores when determining attack and damage rolls with this attack.
- Personal Venom. You naturally produce your own venom that you are immune to. You can poison a creature with your venom with your bite attack or by injuring them with a weapon coated in your saliva. You must finish a long rest use your venom again. The venom dries out and becomes inert after one minute of being applied to a weapon. Your venoms save DC equals 8 + Constitution modifier + your proficiency bonus. A creature hit with an attack that is poisoned by you venom must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute and take 1d4 points of poison damage. A poisoned creature receives an additional Constitution saving throw at the end of each of its turns, success ends the poisoned condition. Crafty poisondusk’s have been known to preserve their own venom.
- Natural Chameleon. When not wearing armor or robes or other coverings you can hide even while only lightly obscured. As a bonus action you gain advantage on your next Stealth check made until the end of your next turn.
- Ambush Predator. You have proficiency in the Stealth skill. When you deal damage to a creature that you are hidden from, you deal an additional 1d4 points of damage.
- Jungle Blooded. You have advantage on saves against poisons and the poisoned condition. You have resistance to poison damage.
|Ability Mods||Con +2 +|
|Author||Gr7mm Bobb +|
|Features||Age +, Alignment +, Size +, Speed +, Darkvision 60 +, Hold Breath +, Sturdy Tail +, Languages +, Natural Weapons - Claws +, Scaly Hide +, Histskin +, Swampborn Resilience +, Survival Instinct +, Speeds +, Primal Stance +, Natural Weapon - Bite +, Natural Weapon - Tail Slap +, Powerful Build +, Natural Athlete +, Personal Venom +, Natural Chameleon +, Ambush Predator + and Jungle Blooded +|
|Identifier||5e Race +|
|Is Race||true +|
|Race||Lizardfolk - Gr7mm +|
|Size||dependent on your subrace. +|
|Subrace Ability Mods||Wis +1 +, Str +1 + and Dex +1 +|
|Subrace Features||Size +, Speed +, Natural Weapons - Claws +, Scaly Hide +, Histskin +, Swampborn Resilience +, Survival Instinct +, Speeds +, Primal Stance +, Natural Weapon - Bite +, Natural Weapon - Tail Slap +, Powerful Build +, Natural Athlete +, Personal Venom +, Natural Chameleon +, Ambush Predator + and Jungle Blooded +|
|Summary||The MM race, now a PC race with subraces! +|
|Title||Lizardfolk - Gr7mm +|