Micoyan (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Micoyans are hairy, bestial humaniods with an opposable toe on each foot.
Micoyans are reputed to be quite affable, intelligent people. They know that their strange appearance puts most people off, so the good ones try to bridge that social gap with politeness. The bad ones, however, attempt to bridge no gaps and would rather use their appearance to frighten people.
Juvenile Micoyans are identical to humans in every way, except for their finger-like toes. As they reach maturity, however, their mutant X gene causes their hair to grow and, in most cases, their hair and skin changes color. Hair continues to spread all over their bodies until they appear very beast-like. The most typical color of mature micoyan fur is blue, but it is not unheard of for them to be brown, black, red, blonde, or green. In addition to the extra fur, their mouth elongates slightly into a short snout and their canine teeth grow to become fangs. This is not a shape-shifting trait in the way of the lycanthrope, but a permanent change in physical appearance. Furthermore, whereas lycanthropes prefer to run around in the nude, micoyans still enjoy wearing clothes (although the males often go shirtless).
Even though most humans are intimidated by a micoyan's appearance, good-natured micoyans still strive to forge personal bonds with them as well as with members of virtually any other race. On the other hand, ill-natured micoyans may assume that it is right for humans to fear them, as they are both physically and mentally superior.
Good-aligned micoyans tend to think of themselves as champions against racial prejudice, and act accordingly. They are always willing to be team players.
Evil-aligned micoyans favor racism and may even seek to subjugate or destroy any non-micoyans.
Micoyans may vary from good to evil, but all of them are highly rational, precluding most of them from being chaotic.
By default, micoyans live mostly in human-populated areas.
Common. As a bonus language, micoyans may learn anything being spoken openly in their region.
Since most micoyans are brought up among humans, they most often have human names, using whatever conventions are common in their area.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Micoyans are erudite and skilled with their hands and feet.
- Humanoid (Mutant, Micoyan)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a micoyan has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Micoyan base land speed is 30 feet.
- Barefoot Climb (Ex): When barefoot, micoyans gain a racial +6 to their climb skill.
- Barefoot Grasp (Ex): When barefoot, micoyans may grab and hold onto objects with their toes. This means that they can pick up small objects, stabilize their stance on tree limbs (and the like), and hang upside down from overhangs without using their hands. This does not mean that they may be proficient with any weapons held by the feet.
- Micoyan Influence (Ex): If the micoyan is of good alignment, +2 to diplomacy. If of evil alignment, +2 to intimidate. If neutral, the micoyan may choose which bonus to take.
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Any open language
- Favored Class: Alchemist or Spider-Monk
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||58 years||71 years||+80 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 0"||+1d12||140 lb.||× (7d12) lb.|
|Female||4' 8"||+1d12||110 lb.||× (6d12) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Alchemist + and Spider-Monk +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Dexterity +, +2 Intelligence + and -2 Charisma +|
|Subtype||Mutant, Micoyan +|
|Summary||Micoyans are hairy, bestial humaniods with an opposable toe on each foot. +|