Relaxed Warrior (3.5e Class)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Relaxed Warriors are generally people known for their tendency to chill out. They're also generally known for their ridiculous acts of physical prowess. People who see one side of them are unlikely to assume the other.
Making a Relaxed Warrior
Relaxed Warriors are usually melee, with a limited amount of ranged capability, although your feat choices are likely to have a fair bit of impact on the details. Problems that can be solved through the application of muscle are likely to be solved by the Relaxed Warrior, unless he's relaxing.
Abilities: Relaxed Warriors need either Strength or Dexterity, and it wouldn't hurt them to have both. They occasionally benefit from having either Charisma or Intelligence, as well.
Races: Races that contain members who like being martial and relaxing are the primary sources of Relaxed Warriors.
Starting Gold: 5d4×10 gp (125 gp).
Starting Age: Moderate.
|Saving Throws||Special||Deeds per Day||Signature Deeds|
|1st||+1||+2||+2||+2||Comfortable Nonproficiency, Minor Deeds||3||0|
|4th||+4||+4||+4||+4||Relaxed Mettle, Battle Relaxation||6||1|
|16th||+16/+11/+6/+1||+10||+10||+10||Improved Relaxed Mettle||18||5|
Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the Relaxed Warrior.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Relaxed Warriors are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all armors, and all shields.
Comfortable Nonproficiency: Relaxed Warriors only suffer a -1 penalty when using weapons with which they are not proficient.
Deeds: Relaxed Warriors can perform a number of awe-inspiring Deeds each day equal to their class level + 2. Replenishing a Relaxed Warrior's Deeds requires 8 hours of continuous relaxation. If he takes anything more than a single move action per round in combat or performs a Deed, this interrupts his relaxation. Recovering from interruptions takes 1 additional hour of relaxation.
Signature Deeds: At level 2 and every 3 levels after level 2, the Relaxed Warrior chooses one Deed he can use as a Signature Deed. When he performs that Deed, it works better (the precise details are listed with each Deed individually).
Minor Deeds: These are Deeds that all Relaxed Warriors can perform.
- Ability Focus: As a swift action, the Relaxed Warrior can give himself a +4 Morale bonus to any single one of his ability scores for 1 minute per class level.
- Signature Bonus: The Morale bonus increases to +6, and +2 to two other ability scores.
- Heavy Lifting: As a free action, the Relaxed Warrior can multiply his carrying capacities by 10 for 1 minute per class level.
- Signature Bonus: The duration of this effect increases to 1 hour per class level, and his carrying capacity is multiplied by 25 instead.
- Quick Step: As a 5' step, the Relaxed Warrior can move 10' per class level without provoking attacks of opportunity.
- Signature Bonus: The Relaxed Warrior can teleport 20' per class level instead.
- Knockback Strike: When the Relaxed Warrior successfully damages an opponent, he may choose to knock them backwards 5' per class level.
- Signature Bonus: When the Relaxed Warrior performs this Deed, he gets the benefits of it for free on all other attacks he makes this round as well.
- Good Move: The Relaxed Warrior can change a d20 roll he makes into a natural 20. He must decide to do this before the DM says what the result of his roll would be without it, but after seeing what he would have rolled otherwise.
- Signature Bonus: When the Relaxed Warrior performs this Deed, he also gets the ability to roll each d20 twice and take the better one for 3 rounds.
- Total Defense: As a move action, the Relaxed Warrior can make himself invulnerable for 1 round. While invulnerable, attacks cannot hit him and he automatically succeeds on all saving throws.
- Signature Bonus: When the Relaxed Warrior performs this Deed, he may use this Deed for free (as a move action) on either or both of his next 2 turns.
Major Deeds: These are Deeds that only Relaxed Warriors of level 6 or greater can perform. Each Major Deed counts as two Deeds for the Relaxed Warrior's daily limit instead of just one.
- Mook Remover: As a standard action, the Relaxed Warrior can force up to one creature per class level within range of his weapon +10' (so a melee weapon would allow him to target creatures up to his Reach +10' away) to make a Reflex save (DC 10 + half character level + Strength or Dexterity modifer) or take damage as though they had been hit with one of the Relaxed Warrior's weapons. Creatures to which he does not have line of effect are unaffected.
- Signature Bonus: The Relaxed Warrior affects all creatures within range when he uses this ability, ignoring line of effect.
- One Minute Marathon: As a swift action, the Relaxed Warrior can multiply all of his movement speeds by 10 for 1 minute per class level.
- Signature Bonus: The Relaxed Warrior multiplies all of his movement speeds by 100 instead.
- No!: As an immediate action, the Relaxed Warrior can force a creature within 5' per class level to which he has line of effect to make a Will save (DC 10 + half character level + Strength or Dexterity modifier) or fail at whatever action it is taking.
- Signature Bonus: No! has no maximum range.
- Why'd You Do That?: As a swift action, the Relaxed Warrior can attempt to dominate one creature within 10' per class level for 1 round unless it succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + half character level + Charisma or Intelligence modifier).
- Signature Bonus: Why'd You Do That? lasts for 3 rounds instead.
- Till The Earth: As a standard action, the Relaxed Warrior can cut up to one 5' cube of mundane material per class level within 30', and move that mundane material to any empty spaces to which he has line of effect within 60'. No mundane material moved in this way may be more than 5' beneath the surface. Mundane material with more hardness than his character level cannot be cut or moved in this way. Creatures with the floor removed from under them may make a Reflex save (DC 10 + half character level + Strength or Dexterity modifier) to escape to a stable surface.
- Signature Bonus: Till The Earth can be used as an attack action, moving materials with any amount of hardness. Mundane material 5' or more beneath the surface may be moved, so long as the material nearer to the surface is moved as well.
Amazing Deeds: These are Deeds that only Relaxed Warriors of level 13 or greater can perform. Each Amazing Deed counts as four Deeds for the Relaxed Warrior's daily limit instead of just one.
- Rifts: As a full-round action, the Relaxed Warrior can create a gate to or from the astral plane with boundaries defined by a flat region he can reach with a melee weapon he is wielding. This gate is permanent.
- Signature Bonus: The Relaxed Warrior can use Rifts as an attack or immediate action instead, and close the gate with an attack or immediate action as well.
- Nonchalant Explosion: As a full-round action, the Relaxed Warrior can move his speed in a straight line, and cause an explosion directly behind him at any distance. The explosion has a radius of up to 80', and deals 1d6 points of Fire and 1d6 points of Sonic damage each per class level, with half damage on a successful Reflex save (DC 10 + half character level + Charisma or Intelligence modifier). Creatures within the explosion are deafened for 1d4+1 rounds.
- Signature Bonus: The explosion radius can be as high as 1 mile, and deals 2 extra points of Force damage per class level, which is not halved on a successful save.
- Unobtrusiveness: As a swift action, the Relaxed Warrior can make himself completely imperceptible by direct senses (perfect True Blindsight or whatever won't find him, but one could still realize he was there by the way the seesaw he's sitting on is strongly tilted to one side, for example). This lasts until he next takes an action other than Delay.
- Signature Bonus: While imperceptible, the Relaxed Warrior can still take 5' steps.
- Second Wind: At the beginning of the Relaxed Warrior's turn, he can reset his health to full and cure himself of all ability damage, energy drain, stunning, dazing, paralyzation, petrification, fear effects, and mind-affecting effects.
- Signature Bonus: When the Relaxed Warrior uses Second Wind, he is cured of any status effects he chooses, including death, and he may dispel any number of spell effects on him.
Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Relaxed Warriors of level 2 or greater retain their Dexterity bonus to AC even while flat-footed or being attacked by an invisible attacker. If he already has Uncanny Dodge from a different class, he gains Improved Uncanny Dodge instead.
Relaxed Mettle (Ex): If a Relaxed Warrior of level 4 or greater succeeds on a saving throw that allows a reduced effect, he is completely unaffected instead. He loses this bonus if he is not flat-footed.
This increases to Improved Relaxed Mettle at level 16, which makes it so when he fails a save that allows a reduced effect on a successful save, he takes the reduced effect instead. He still loses this bonus if he is not flat-footed.
Battle Relaxation (Ex): A level 4 Relaxed Warrior who takes only a move action on his turn in combat may choose to remain flat-footed if he was already.
Easygoing Battle (Ex): A Relaxed Warrior of level 9 or greater does not interrupt his relaxation for the purpose of regaining Deeds if he performs more than a Move action during combat. Performing a Deed still interrupts it, however. He can also choose to remain flat-footed during combat until he performs any Deeds.
Epic Relaxed Warrior
2 + Int modifier skill points per level.
Deeds: The Relaxed Warrior's Deeds per day and Signature Deeds continue to increase at the same rate.
Epic Deeds: These are Deeds that only Relaxed Warriors of level 22 or greater can perform. Each Epic Deed counts as eight Deeds for the Relaxed Warrior's daily limit instead of just one.
- Deathstar Punch: As an attack action, the Relaxed Warrior can disintegrate up to 100 cubic miles of mundane objects per class level. None of this stuff can be more than 100 miles per class level away from him.
- Signature Bonus: The Relaxed Warrior can disintegrate up to 10000 cubic miles of mundane objects per class level instead, at any distance.
- Future Smash: When the Relaxed Warrior kills a creature or renders a creature unconscious, he may choose to make them disappear from existence for up to 1 year per class level.
- Signature Bonus: The Relaxed Warrior can make creatures disappear for any amount of time.
- Past Step: The Relaxed Warrior can go back in time up to 1 hour per class level as a full-round action.
- Signature Bonus: The Relaxed Warrior can go back in time as an immediate action.
|Allowed Alignments||Lawful Good +, Lawful Neutral +, Lawful Evil +, Neutral Good +, Neutral +, Neutral Evil +, Chaotic Good +, Chaotic Neutral + and Chaotic Evil +|
|Article Balance||Very High +|
|Base Attack Bonus Progression||Good +|
|Class Ability||Other +|
|Class Ability Progression||Full +|
|Fortitude Save Progression||Good +|
|Identifier||3.5e Class +|
|Minimum Level||1 +|
|Rated By||MisterSinister +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Reflex Save Progression||Good +|
|Skill||Autohypnosis +, Balance +, Bluff +, Climb +, Concentration +, Diplomacy +, Disguise +, Escape Artist +, Gather Information +, Handle Animal +, Heal +, Jump +, Listen +, Move Silently +, Perform +, Ride +, Sense Motive +, Sleight of Hand +, Spot +, Swim + and Tumble +|
|Skill Points||2 +|
|Summary||A martial character with something martial characters have always missed out on: the 15 minute workday. +|
|Title||Relaxed Warrior +|
|ToP Skill||Acrobatics +, Affability +, Healing +, Jump +, Stealth + and Perception +|
|Will Save Progression||Good +|