From Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
|This article is about Elf|
|For other uses of Elf, see Elf (disambiguation).|
|This material from the 5th edition SRD is published under the OGL|
Elf is a playable race in 5th edtion. A subrace should also be selected.
Your elf character has a variety of natural abilities, the result of thousands of years of elven refinement.
- Ability Score Increase. Dexterity +2
- Age. Although elves reach physical maturity at about the same age as humans, the elven understanding of adulthood goes beyond physical growth to encompass worldly experience. An elf typically claims adulthood and an adult name around the age of 100 and can live to be 750 years old.
- Alignment. Elves love freedom, variety, and self-expression, so they lean strongly toward the gentler aspects of chaos. They value and protect others’ freedom as well as their own, and they are more often good than not.
- Size. Elves range from under 5 to over 6 feet tall and have slender builds. Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision. Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Keen Senses. You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
- Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
- Trance. Elves don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation is “trance.”) While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Elvish. Elvish is fluid, with subtle intonations and intricate grammar. Elven literature is rich and varied, and their songs and poems are famous among other races. Many bards learn their language so they can add Elvish ballads to their repertoires.
|This section exceeds the text of the SRD|
|Eladrin||Cha +1||Fey Step||These elves who come from the Feywild||Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes|
|Dark Elf||Cha +1||Superior Darkvision, Sunlight Sensitivity, Drow Weapon Training, Drow Magic||Drow as playable subrace||Player's Handbook (5e)|
|Wood Elf||Wis +1||Elf Weapon Training, Fleet of Foot, Mask of the Wild||These elves who have chosen to live in wooded lands.||Player's Handbook (5e)|
|High Elf||Int +1||Elf Weapon Training, Cantrip||High Elves are natural wizards.||SRD5|
|Sea Elf (5e)/Subrace||Con +1||Sea Elf Training, Child of the Sea, Friend of the Sea||Elves that made their home in the sea after leaving the Feywild.||Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes|
|Shadar-kai||Con +1||Necrotic Resistance, Blessing of the Raven Queen||Elves from the Shadowfell.||Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes|
|T'Killi Elves||Str +1||T'killi Martial Training, Skillful, Dry Lands Adapted, Languages||T'killi are elves of the Wilderness||Rlyehable|
|Terrados Elves||Dex +2, Cha +1||Desert Runner, Fire Proof, Fire in the Blood||Dingobabee|