Scyramorka (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
An insane cousin to Goblins and Boggles whose blood is toxic, corrosive and highly flammable.
Scyramora are chaotic at heart, and many consider the race as a whole to be utterly mad, despite their cunning
Generally, Scyramorka are 3-4 feet in height, with leathery skin in dark shades of brown, green and ochre. Rather than normal hair, they sport ragged manes of thick, dark fur much like lions, and the hair continues all the way down their spines and down their neck to their chests. They're generally very slender, and their arms seem disproportionately long, their fingers even more so. Their eyes come in bright shades of green, yellow, orange and red, and their blood is an unpleasant oily, greenish black.
Living underground, they dislike races who bring light, which means basically anyone who isn't also a luminaphobic shut-in. However, they can sometimes be found amongst goblins.
Almost all Scyramora are chaotic, though the race doesn't have much of a tendency towards good or evil.
Most Scyramora can be found underground, either deep within the earth like Drow, Duergar and Svirfneblin, or in burrows in deep forests who sport lush canopies to block out the sun's rays.
Most Scyramora don't care for religion, though some worship Malar or Talos, gods of chaos and destruction.
Scyramora speak a dialect of Goblin with a smattering of Abyssal thrown in. Unless you know both languages, you're going to need a DC 15 intelligence check to determine the general meaning of what a Scyramora is saying.
Goblin names are the most common, though any random string of syllables will do, and some Scyramorka call themselves by a name name each time they are asked to name themselves.
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence: Small and cunning, Scyramorka aren't as strong as most creatures.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Goblin, Chaotic)
- Small: As a Small creature, a scyramorka gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Scyramorka base land speed is 30 feet. Though they are small, Scyramorka are quite fleet of foot for their size.
- Darkvision: A scyramorka can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a scyramorka can function just fine with no light at all.
- Resistances: Scyramorka are immune to the toxin in their blood. They also possess a +2 racial bonus on saves against poison and acid, and they take half damage from acid. Lastly, they are immune to Confusion.
- Combustible (Ex): Because a Scyramorka's blood is highly flammable, they suffer a 50% increase to any Fire damage they take. In addition, when taking damage from fire, their "Death by massive damage" threshold is equal to their Constitution modifier + their hit dice, not 50. Thus, if they take fire damage equal to or above this threshold, they must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or die instantly. Most Scyramorka are deathly afraid of fire, and those among them that aren't are revered.
- Toxic Blood (Ex): The blood of Scyramorka is an acidic, flammable toxin. This can be used as a poison (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con modifier); It's an Injury poison that deals 1 point of Constitution damage each round, with a save each round to negate the damage that round. The poison lasts a number of rounds equal to the Scyramorka's Constitution modifier.
- However, this also means attacking them in melee is dangerous. Piercing or Slashing weapons take 1d6 points of acid damage when striking a Scyramorka, and if you're wielding a non-reach melee weapon, you also take damage from the acid, with a Reflex save allowed for half damage (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Scyramorka's Constitution modifier). If you fail this save by 5 or more, you are also subject to the poison described above.
- This venom loses potency within 1d6 hours of being removed from the Scyramorka.
- Light Blindness (Ex): Upon abrupt exposure to bright light, a Scyramorka is Blinded for 1 round. Thereafter they are Dazzled for as long as they remain within the light.
- Touch of Madness (Ex): A Scyramorka's mind is hard to control. To successfully use a Compulsion or Charm effect against a Scyramorka, you must succeed at a caster level check, with a DC equal to the Scyramorka's HD + its Constitution modifier. They are still allowed a saving throw against the effect normally; This just functions like Spell Resistance.
- Automatic Languages: Goblin
- Bonus Languages: Common, Orc, Giant, Gnoll, Gnome, Abyssal
- Favored Class: Barbarian or Rogue
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|25 years||50 years||75 years||+2d12 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'||+/- 2d6"||85 lb.||+/- 1d10 lbs.|
|Female||4'||+/- 2d6"||85 lb.||+/- 1d10 lbs.|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Barbarian + and Rogue +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||1 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Strength +, +2 Dexterity + and +2 Intelligence +|
|Subtype||Goblin, Chaotic +|
|Summary||An insane cousin to Goblins and Boggles whose blood is toxic, corrosive and highly flammable. +|
|Type||Monstrous Humanoid +|