Uh. I have little to no idea what I'm doing. Just sharing my homebrew ideas as best as I can, so others can use them, and so I don't have to keep up with everything in my head anymore. Zhenra-Khal (talk) 12:18, 30 September 2016 (UTC)
- Pleased to meetcha! I hope you enjoy your time here. I'm always happy to share advice. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 09:42, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
- They require explanation on why you rated the article the way you did. Please take a little time to give reasons. Ratings without reasons (even good ratings where you just say "yeah, I liked it") can be struck invalid. Now, we usually don't take it that far, but it's generally unhelpful to readers to have something that simple. The point of the ratings is to help out people who check out the articles. More info on ratings can be found in this totally sweet link happening right now, which can also be found in the helpful Getting Started tab under Community in the side-bar. Also, don't forget to sign your posts with four tildes. --Ganteka Future (talk) 17:04, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
You have being doing a lot and I want you to know that you are not writing in the void, I will probably go one anc rate/comment some of your stuff later. I just like letting newer user know that they are not being ignored. Keep up the good work. --Leziad (talk) 20:45, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
- Squees in the distance* Thanks, friend! I really needed this today, been feeling a bit down. Your work, among the work of others, have been some of my inspiration, and I'm very glad to have you recognize the shouting of my ideas into the void. Keep up the good work yourself, and know that your kindness is appreciated. Zhenra-Khal (talk) 22:17, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
Requesting your review and rating of the following pages: Intelligent Item, Dream Lord, Sedah’s Counterspell of Superfluous Detail, and Judge of Existence. Thank you --Franken Kesey 15:24, 18 December 2016 (MST)
- Done and done, Mr. Kesey. I would much appreciate it if you'd give any of my work a looking-over and maybe drop a rating or two, though I know several (I'm looking at you, Exposcient) are in need of an overhaul. Zhenra-Khal (talk) 16:11, 18 December 2016 (MST)
- I will do so, as well as review details and see how they can be improved. Thank you. --Franken Kesey 19:08, 20 December 2016 (MST)
A Word Of Advice When Criticizing Others
A note about me; If you're going to criticize one of my articles (Or anyone's work, actually; This is fairly universal), please think about what possible improvements you could suggest beforehand. Criticism without suggesting a solution is little more than vague complaining - As the saying goes, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
I tend to get annoyed when I post an idea I have had, and then get disapproval within ten minutes, without anyone suggestion what could be done to fix the issue they're complaining about, so forgive me if this sounds rude. I just find it irritating when someone points something out, but either isn't willing to put in any effort to fix the problem (In which case, they shouldn't have put forth the effort to comment in the first place, in my opinion).
Anyway, just a small rant I decided to put on here in fair warning to my fellow wiki-wanderers; I've gotten a bit of snark lately and it's wearing on my patience somewhat, unfortunately. All this said, I do quite yearn for input on my articles, but any criticism should be as constructive as possible (As the criticism I put forth usually is), to avoid any sourness between bright minds and to help further all our causes. After all, we're here because of a game, a source of fun - Not to bicker or attempt to tear down others.
403 Forbidden - I randomly lose access to the Wiki
Hey all, I've... Been suffering some issues over the past few days. I've been getting a "403 Forbidden" error every time I try to join the site, telling me I don't have permission to access the wiki.
- The server got hacked and we are experiencing some issues. Everything should be good in time hopefully. --Leziad (talk) 21:13, 14 August 2017 (MDT)
Reasons need to be given for ratings to make them useful for people. Writing just the word "useful" isn't useful. I'd rather not have to go in and strike the rating out, so if you could update it, please do so when you get the time. --Ganteka Future (talk) 14:29, 24 September 2017 (MDT)
- There are only so many fruity, high-praise ways you can say an article is good, especially one as simple as that. It's useful, flavorful and I'd certainly use it on any character who used cloud spells a lot, but beyond saying exactly that, there's not much more I can give as detail to the rating. --Zhenra-Khal (talk) 14:31, 24 September 2017 (MDT)
- Herro! Also, try signing your name using two dashes followed by four tildes; It helps separate your username from the rest of your post. --Zhenra-Khal (talk) 11:50, 19 June 2018 (MDT)
Your Rating Request
I have been most inactive for the last few years, just found your request to rate a few of your articles. Check out the comments on the Talk:Sanguine Edge (3.5e Prestige Class), I will rate after you have addressed them. I do not want to rate low if there are only a few issues to fix.--Franken Kesey 07:47, 7 March 2019 (MST)
the Radiant damage type was introduced in 4e, not 5e.
This is a wiki, if you want total control of content, there are other resources.
You've been informed of your error, the facts are not difficult to verify.
- To be fair, there was a vague attempt to have 4e content on this wiki, but for the most part it failed due to lack of interest. While it might technically be "wrong" that radiant damage was introduced in 5e (ignoring 4e, of course), within the confines of the material on this wiki, and what little connection it has to 4e, I can understand why the author wants to keep it that way, especially when they authored the article.
- Regardless though, you are technically correct, but I don't see any harm keeping it as it is, especially with how little traffic we get regarding 4e content. --Ghostwheel (talk) 17:00, 18 April 2022 (UTC)
- Most folks in the community agree that 4th Edition was a mistake on WoTC's part and we really try to forget it exists. Mainly because almost every good thing in that edition ended up in 5th Edition anyway.
- The SRD side of the wiki is meant to be factual. However, users can write whatever the hell they want in the homebrew sections, without worrying about it being factual - Balance and ease of use are typically the concerns there. This is because this is a fantasy game, and the only real thing that matters is that everyone has fun.
- I already dislike you, as you're hiding behind a nameless IP instead of becoming an honest member like the rest of us, and I've seen you going around changing peoples' articles without their consent, which is rude; And then you give people flak when they change their pages back how they wanted them, as if they're somehow in the wrong. You're supposed to mention things on the talk page out of respect, instead of trying to make everyone's content conform to what YOU think it should be from the safety of mommy's basement.