Sol-duhvaan (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A race of powerful 4-armed giants, their blood linked to a primordial being associated with the sun.
Sol-duhvaan are very diverse individuals, however some trends tends be more common than others. Sol-duhvaan are usually refined and civilized, especially compared to many of their giant kin. Many Sol-duhvaan are hotblooded and quick to act, but also somewhat reserved and shy. While many Sol-duhvaan tend to act recklessly, many have their hotblood tempered with patience and understanding. Finally Sol-duhvaan tend to be likable and passionate, most follow a single goal throughout their entire life. This does not stop many Sol-duhvaan to be careless and relaxed.
Typically standing about 9 feet tall, Sol-duhvaan are more human-like than most of their cousin. Their facial traits tend to be softer and more refined, their body is almost always well muscled and defined. Unlike most giant, the Sol-duhvaan have two pairs of arms, one located slightly under the first. Sol-duhvaan have skin tone varienting from golden to bright orange and even dim red, their hair color can be anything from red to black, with many have white, orange or even yellow hairs. The most common eye color is bright orange and other fiery color, but dull brown and hazel are not uncommon. Sol-duhvaan are typically lighter than most other giants.
Sol-duhvaan are not aggressive with other races, unless other race deliberately attack them. Individuals however may develop hatred and grudge against other races, and may use their great size and abilities to repress or even exterminate them. However these individual are the exceptions rather than the rule. Most Sol-duhvaan communities are peaceful toward outsider, their individual to absorbed by their own goals and passion to wage aggressive war of territory. Sol-duhvaan are usually curious about other races, and more than willing to live among them.
Sol-duhvaan tend to be good aligned, but also tend to gravitate toward the extremes. Evil Sol-duhvaan are not rare however, simply uncommon.
Sol-duhvaan prefer jungle, desert and other hot locations to establish a civilization. Many also like mountainous region, making great civilization close to the clouds and sun. Their nations are usually open to outsider, but not always.
Sol-duhvaan have no unified religion, some worship the so called Sun Titan, a primordial beings whose the entire race come from. Others can areligious or worship gods that support their goals and personality, this trend lead their civilization to have very divided religious outlook. However Sol-duhvaan tend to worhsip zealously, leading to many conflict among opposed faiths.
Sol-duhvaan speak giant, their dialect is usually very advanced for giants.
Sol-duhvaan names are no different between male and female, for them gender has little importance and this is especially true during their naming ritual. A Sol-duhvaanis born nameless, only when they reach adulthood they will choose their own name, often named after their great passion or a worthy deed. They most often choose to name themsleves in giant.
- +4 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution and +2 to any two of Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma: Sol-duhvaan posses great strength and constitution, but they are not very agile. Additionally they possess powerful and versatile mind.
- Giant: Sol-duhvaan are true giants, while not the tallest they have all abilities associated with the giant type such as Catch and Throw Anything.
- Large: As a Large creature, a Sol-duhvaan takes a -1 size penalty to Armor Class, a -1 size penalty on attack rolls, a +4 size bonus on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a -4 size penalty on Hide checks, but it uses larger weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are twice of those of a Medium character. They have a space and reach of 10 feet.
- Sol-duhvaan base land speed is 40 feet
- Low-Light Vision: A sol-duhvaan can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Bloodline of Sunflames: All Sol-duhvaan are descendant of the Sun Titan, thus have powerful abilities related to their bloodline. Each Sol-duhvaan choose two different abilities from the following list:
- Blood of Fire: The Sol-duhvaan deal +1d6 fire damage with all her attacks. Additionally at CR 7 and higher, when the Sol-duhvaan die she may allow her essence and blood to escape her dying body, replicating the effect of pure incendiary cloud centered on herself, with a caster level equal to her HD (save DC are charisma-based).
- Fireheart: The Sol-duhvaan is always under the effect of endure elements and have a fire resistance equal to 3 time her Hit Dice.
- Spirit Aflame: The Sol-duhvaan may gain a +2 to all saves for 1 round as an immediate action, Additionally when she reach CR 5 she may use heart of a champion as a maneuver-like ability.
- Sun's Glare: The Sol-duhvaan can fire beam of pure sunfire from her eyes at long range against target within her line of sight. Make two ranged touch attack, if one hit it deal 1 fire damage per HD, if both hit it deal 1d6 fire damage per HD and the targeted creature must make a reflex save or catch on fire (DC is charisma-based). A blinded Sol-duhvaan cannot use this ability.
- Warded Skin: The Sol-duhvaan skin is covered in strange symbols and tattoos. They have a ward of 15 + her Hit Dice.
- Maneuver-Like Abilities: Any Sol-duhvaan can use the sun's wrath boost as a maneuver-like ability.
- Multiple Limbs: Sol-duhvaans have four arms, though they begin off much weaker than normal. At CR 2, they have two primary arms and two secondary, weaker arms which cannot be used to attack but may carry objects and make somatic components. At CR 3, these smaller lower arms become strong enough to use weapons, but only those one size smaller than the Sol-duhvaan. At CR 6, they're arms improve and become as strong as their primary arms. They may now use weapons sized normal for their size.
- Racial Hit Dice: A Sol-duhvaan begins with two levels of giant, which provide 2d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +0, and Will +0.
- Racial Skills: A Sol-duhvaan’s giant levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (4 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Craft, Listen, Intimidate and Spot.
- Racial Feats: A Sol-duhvaan’s giant levels give it one feat.
- Natural Weapons: 1 slams (1d10), as granted by it type.
- A Sol-duhvaan's racial hit dices counts as levels of fighter, for the purpose of pre-requisites.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Giant.
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret.
- Favored Class: Combatant and Cleric
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||90 years||140 years||++3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8' 4"||+2d6'||230 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||8' 3"||+2d6||220 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Combatant + and Cleric +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+4 Strength +, -2 Dexterity + and +2 Constitution +|
|Rated By||FuriousGoat +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||A race of powerful 4-armed giants, their blood linked to a primordial being associated with the sun. +|