Talk:Evil Clown (3.5e Class)
Perhaps I was wrong... No I was wrong. This class is complete and well formated. Many would have fun with it if it was unsandboxed. --Franken Kesey 17:42, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
- Complete, maybe. Good, no. It's one of many things I really need to get around to improving before putting back onto the wiki proper. --DanielDraco 02:08, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
- Can I help? --Franken Kesey 22:42, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
- Sure. Not going to be working on much of anything like this for at least the week, though -- classes just resumed and I want to make sure I'm situated. --DanielDraco 16:16, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- Possible class features for dead levels:
- The Fool (Su): The fool gains 1/2 his class level to Sleight of Hand and Bluff checks. At 1st level, the fool may tease and make fun of an opponent up to 1 time per class level. The opponent makes a Will save against DC 10 + 1/2 character level + Cha or feel uncomfortable, giving a -1 morale penalty to all skills, attack rolls, and saving throws for 1 minute. At 3rd level, this becomes -2, at 6th level it becomes -3, and at 9th level the penalty becomes -4. This is a mind-effecting affect that only works on creatures with an Int score of 3 or higher.(Only slightly different than tomfoolery.)
- Alter Self ability
- Poison Use (Ex): A clown may prepare, apply, and use poison without any chance of poisoning himself.
- Card or range ledgamy ability
- resistance to compulsion
- While Unicycle Ride has a juggling component, I feel as though juggling could also be a gag of its own.
- One could balance: Horrific Appearance, Creepy Grin, Frightening Fanfare, and Terrifying Tune, much like Bardic Music, quickly and easily filling many dead levels.
- Other questions:
- Disquieting Diddy, Frightening Fanfare, and Terrifying Tune only effect one creature, why?
- Should 1/4 charisma modifier be added to gag pool? --Franken Kesey 18:26, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- Possible class features for dead levels:
Misplaced tenacity was here.
- When you said you wanted to help, I thought you meant you wanted to work together on it, not just do it all yourself and then ask for approval. Nevermind. I'll get around to fixing this class eventually. --DanielDraco 13:39, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Working with you is what I meant, please pardon my overzealous nature... And general bullshiting. Quality takes time and consideration, a fact I must try to remember. Thus I have removed all insults. --Franken Kesey 01:09, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
- Hadn't honestly read it. Didn't realize there were insults. But either way, not really interested in collaborating. --DanielDraco 05:28, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
Can I adopt this page? --Franken Kesey 13:12, 14 August 2016 (UTC)
- Same question, different day. --Franken Kesey 17:44, 23 October 2016 (UTC)
Changes Made After Adoption
- Added fluff, and more fluff. The original had large sections missing.
- Changed alignment to non-good, instead of evil.
- Simplified Tomfoolery, and made it advance once per three levels, instead of two. Made most features advance every three.
- Used to have five features at 1st, then none at 2nd. Split the features up to have more at 2nd.
- Changed the name of Contort Size feature from Clown Car (and improved clown car). The mechanics are the same just different name. Name inspired the Summon Clown Car gag, which I did not want it to be confused with (see below).
- Added the gag pool and added Charisma modifier to pool. Originally was only 1 gag point per level and no bonus from Charisma (which was way too low).
- Then added Laugh it Off, Bonus Feat (every 3rd), Silly Clown; and the gag subfeatures: Trick, Jester’s Juggle, Distracting Dance, Profanity, Catch Me If You Can, Summon Gremlin, Summon Clown Car and Bouncy House.
Otherwise have kept it the same as original author's intent -- a child's nightmare.--Franken Kesey 13:41, 21 May 2019 (MDT)
At what point does an adaption become a co-authorship? Check out history from 15 May to 25 May 2019 (include the previous edit on 23 December 2010).--Franken Kesey 10:11, 25 May 2019 (MDT)
- Bump.--Franken Kesey 19:09, 31 May 2019 (MDT)
|Franken Kesey is neutral on this article and rated it 2 of 4.|
Edit: Since I adopted this blanked rating.