Welcome Fellow Adventurer!!!
Welcome to the Dungeons and Dragons Wiki, and thank you for joining us! There's a lot to do around here, so we hope you'll stay with us.
Recent changes is a great first stop, because you can see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
Please sign up, if you haven't already, and create a user name! It's free, and it'll help you keep track of all your edits. You also get features to use when you sign up!
Check out our getting started page to see what needs to be done in the wiki, how to use the wiki, rules and so forth.
Wondering about this wiki is about? : Check out our story here.
Want to chat with people in real time about d&d, ideas, homebrew and the wiki or other things? Have questions or suggestions about the wiki? Join us in the Discord chat!
We hope to see you there! And feel free to invite your friends!
Be sure to visit us at our Facebook page. It's at the bottom of our sidebar, give us a like if you want!
Any further questions? Feel free to leave a question on my or an admin's talk page and we'll see what we can do!
We're really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you!
First of welcome to the site. Noticed that you are rather new to the formatting here. It can take a while to pick up, but once you know it all it is rather simple. By all means experiment with your new race. Races are perhaps the best place to start, then feats, then prestige classes. But have fun creating something new.
That being said, going to suggest a few general practices: 1) Be open minded to some of the other writers here. We all enjoy D&D, and want to make this site great. 2) Focus on getting a few good articles first (do not make hundreds of substandard). Each article should also have focus, being good at 2-5 things is better than being substandard at 20. 3) If an article is mostly incomplete try to work on it in a sandbox until at least 80% complete. Your first few articles are exempt from this, because you are new. We want to allow some experimentation. (However, they will be eventually be tagged as incomplete if left that way in the mainspace.) 4) Naming conventions always leave a space between the final part of the name and category -- thus the Namekian(3.5e Race) should be named "Namekian (3.5e Race)" (with space between). Do not edit now, marksman is helping you, but make sure future articles have the space. 5) If you ever need help understanding formatting, ask another author on their talk page. Most of us will help when asked.
Lastly, have fun and enjoy yourself. Never take anything too seriously.--Franken Kesey 20:37, 12 April 2019 (MDT)
- Did you get the message on naming? Because your Namekian (Iskerbabble) (3.5e Race) got moved by another user. Once it gets fixed, suggest changing it to just "Namekian (3.5e Race)".--Franken Kesey 13:16, 13 April 2019 (MDT)
- I did, thanks for the help. Still getting used to this format but many hands make the load light. If I have any more questions, or make any more stupid mistakes, feel free to correct me-- Iskerbabble 13 April 2019
- Oh, looks like this was already a topic so I'll note it here; I moved your Namekian and Frieza articles by changing the titles. The way the wiki works is that it looks for the NAME (CATEGORY), with the category being like 3.5e Race or 3.5e Equipment. Unfortunately as it was written, it would be looking for the Iskerbabble category and Frost Demon categories to put your page in, which don't exist. So yeah, FYI avoid () in the title. Usually I use a -, _, or similar notation myself. Hope that helps. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 23:23, 15 April 2019 (MDT)
- Ok, I understand. I'll make sure to avoid that in the future, thanks for the help and support. - Iskerbabble
Hello! Welcome to the Wiki! Out of curiousity, do you happen to have the Discord program on your computer or could you possibly download it and make an account? (the link for our server is right over on the left hand column there under community). Its a chat server where we all talk about articles on the wiki at more length than a forum format such as this allows. Would love to be able to talk to you sometime! The-Marksman (talk) 04:29, 13 April 2019 (MDT)
- I do have a discord and i'll join as soon as I can. I appreciate the warm welcome. My D&D group and I have been using your stuff for some time now and it's great to be able to work with ya.