No Context Is Needed
I was attempting to create a page for a new skill, but to my dismay, I discovered there was no skill template. Is there a template for adding skills that I have not found; If not, how do I go about this? Thanks in advance. Zhenra-Khal (talk) 06:27, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
- Not Eiji-kun, but I will try to answer the question... First, which version are you trying to add a skill to (3.5, 4th, 5th)? If 5th ed., you're correct there is no pre-made template to add a homebrew skill. I will attempt to add one in the near future. When complete, it will be off of the 5e Character Options page (access-able from the 5e Homebrew page). --Rlyehable (talk) 18:00, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
- Actually, my issue was trying to add a homebrew 3.5e skill. It took me to the Character Options page, and there were templates for skill tricks and Tome skill-based feats, but none for skills themselves. I'm currently working on a large compilation of my homebrew house rules, and was looking for the template so that I could copy it and use it under my Attack skill section, so that the skill could then be referenced across the site by some of my other homebrew. Thanks for the help, though. Zhenra-Khal (talk) 21:05, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
|Franken Kesey favors this article and rated it 4 of 4!|
|You just made three amazing spells. You have a well established record of making things out of the box. It is now time to rate you. (I know this will be edited out.) But for a moment you will be the first user to be rated. Keep up the good work. You keep pushing what is possible. Thus I challenge it even further.|
Lol. I wonder if this shows up on any places. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 03:30, 30 November 2016 (UTC)
- It does not; semantic annotations are disabled on user talk pages so they don't get processed or recorded anywhere. And since it interacts with nothing other than my amusement (and other people's I suppose), there's no reason to scrub it like Kesey suggests. Congratulations Eiji, but this will be with you until the end of days! Or at least until a toast gets it... - Tarkisflux Talk 22:49, 2 March 2017 (MST)
I've thought of making a campaign set in Eijilund, based on your admittedly wonderful, wonderful work. What are your thoughts on this? How should the story go? Which of your articles would you recommend?
- Derp, I apparently missed some changes on my user page. Sorry for the late reply.
- Ha, Eijilund is a weird place. I have no idea what kind of campaigns could go there, as it is a comedy setting. So while I can't answer, perhaps seek out comedy shows for inspiration. Excel Saga and Gintama come to mind. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 04:37, 24 February 2017 (MST)
- S'alright. I understand if you're busy. I mean, 4,000 pages and climbing sure is a lot.
- But what if I want to try a serious campaign in Eijilund? Is that plausible, let alone recommended?
- Also, do you know what sort of planar traits would it have? Perhaps you could make a page on that plane. This page on planes or maybe that one could help.
Eiji, I'm still learning this site... I expanded on one of your spells and discovered how much material you have created on this site! I thought I had a lot of stuff... it makes me realize how much better my own material could become if I try to emulate your efforts (not copy!). Frankly, I'm blown away! You're not the only one, I see, but you have helped me so far. I don't know how to sign these messages...
- Four of these little squiggly lines ~ will automatically sign your posts - Aeturo (talk) 21:13, 9 February 2017 (MST)
- You're welcome (and also Aeturo is correct). Next time I'll remember to reply right away. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 04:38, 24 February 2017 (MST)
- What's the difference? Monsters are all NPCs, but not all NPCs are monsters. And there's no game term for either technically, there are only creatures and objects while the difference between PCs and NPCs is a metagame difference. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 13:54, 25 February 2017 (MST)
- Ah, you might be asking "what category do I put it under". I usually put it under Monsters, with the appearing as "Unique". Easier to find. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 13:55, 25 February 2017 (MST)
- I see. My campaign? You mean Bleeding Edge? Eventually, but that's one of the least important areas so I'm in no rush. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 14:19, 25 February 2017 (MST)
- We can't just repost stats for official work unless it's under the Open Game License which I am certain it isn't. And you might have some trouble if its a lazy alteration like "This isn't Orcus, this is... um, Orkus! And he has +1 additional Str! It's different!" I would be cautious. Something completely unique is always safe, of course.
- My 5e game ended pre-maturely. I did promise to make an attempt at 5e homebrew soon. Whenever I get inspiration for it. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 16:40, 26 February 2017 (MST)
You commented on 1 of my weird pages :)
You commented on 1 of my created / talk pages? errr i messed up. i just wrote few replies there to you. I dont know what i did but i think i figured out what happened. Let me fix it k? PLEASE DONT DELETE because i have no backups! (I dont know if u help run this site or not) - thanks! I'll try to move my newest pages... --ProphetPX (talk) 17:05, 28 February 2017 (MST)
- I see it, it won't be deleted. I haven't replied yet since I... uh, actually don't get it. It looks like a coding thing. Since it's above my head I'm looking for one who knows this stuff better.
- I don't run the site (though I do have admin powers). Carry on good sir. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 17:22, 28 February 2017 (MST)
- Ah! Looks like you've already moved it as a subpage to your sandbox. That's probably right. Is the other Admin a duplicate then? -- Eiji-kun (talk) 17:24, 28 February 2017 (MST)
- Per request I removed the original Admin page, looks like everything is good. Thumbs up -- Eiji-kun (talk) 18:07, 28 February 2017 (MST)
- yep yep! all good now. Thanks! More like a security error with this website wiki software. I should not be able to add a page to the site root directory! When I create and save a page, something should "sanitize" links that go to wrong places and suggest a correction that will not allow hackers to take advantage of things like that. All because I left out 1 single "/" character in my link tagging code lol That could lead to bad problems for this website :( --ProphetPX (talk) 18:31, 28 February 2017 (MST)